All Topics / Help Needed! / Importing (not property)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of dazza686868dazza686868
    @dazza686868

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for these questions. I have eight years experience in a particular field and I'm a manager in that field. I have the know how and the ability to turn 115,000K into 135,000K importing a particular product almost instantly.My only hiccup is that I'm maxxed out on my investment property in sydney, and up front money to purchase the goods is the issue. Is this sort of return ok for such an outlay? Does anyone have any ideas on who i can talk to about such an idea. Would deposits or presales of these products help a potential investor come on board? It has been a passion to go out on my own is my field for a long time but i need to way up the risks. Thanks Dazza686868

Profile photo of The ContrarianThe Contrarian
    @the-contrarian

Hi mate…

Firstly, you need to determine whether or not you have factored in all costs of your operation.
    For eg. Have you calculated taxes / tariffs / import levies / GST / deliveries / insurance / general overhead business costs, etc.

It's important that you are able to identify who your business partners are.
    That is, are you manufacturing, ordering from supplier or a distributor…?
    Are you wholesaling? Are you retailing? Are you confident within your market and feel you have the neccesary experience?

The BIG question I suppose an investor would ask is: "Can I get a better return somewhere else?"
    This is something YOU will need to evaluate and consider.

As for the finance, perhaps you can arrange a pre-sale and a line of credit from the supplier to minimise risk….
    Even if you make a lower margin, but ensure a sale, that would still sound like a viable option.

If you would like to consider a partnership… I would be more than willing to look into it myself.

Regards,
    Anthony.

Profile photo of StumunroStumunro
    @stumunro

Not sure if this helps but, there are finance companies out there that let you borrow money for stocktake. Obviously the numbers have to add up and also whether you can borrow the money to purchase stock from overseas, is beyond me! but just thought id mention it just in case.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.