All Topics / General Property / Building 2 Houses with Photos

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Profile photo of davemcdavemc
    @davemc

Day 216

The Practicle Completion Date is April 10 (Day 222) where we get a walkthrough of the houses by the project manager, then around a week later should get the keys. This is also the insurance start date one for my own and landlords insurance for the other. I'll post photos of the walkthrough next week should anyone be interested. The bill for the inside electrical work $800.

We have 2 verandas planned – $15K more later

Dave

Profile photo of kum yin laukum yin lau
    @kum-yin-lau

Hi Dave, are you at the point where you are paving/driveway & crossover?

I hope you know about the crossover. The council took 3 weeks to give us a quote then I rushed to them to find out that the contractors were booked out to end Feb. (this was pre Xmas!)

I panicked, so stricken I looked the girls at the council reception rushed to help me. Boy, was I glad that she spoke personally to the guy actually doing the work. He was able to finish the job in 2 weeks. Had I used my own man, I'd have to get council approval & it'd cost me $2K more.

And don't forget letterbox (I got $10.95 ones – needed 4) and clotheslines & curtain tracks. I got real good looking curtains for a fraction of the cost of blinds [ready to hang @ Spotlight]. I made up the sheers/lace curtains for lounge & kitchen $2.99/m.

Even my manager said they look OK!

My current drama – tenants from hell occupying my devt site whom we'd have to evict.

Good luck,
    KY

Profile photo of davemcdavemc
    @davemc

Hi KY

No nothing done for crossover driveway yet, we have a builder friend looking into that and paving and all the other things needed, looking around at the moment for a fully completed house as my next investment, but we'll see.

Another good place for curtains is vinnies (St Vicent de Paul) we have stacks of them from there most brand new.

Dave

Profile photo of davemcdavemc
    @davemc

April 18 was day 220 and I finally moved in see photos at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davemc

we have a veranda going up at the back for both houses, one has been rented. The veranda is costing 15K

Dave

Profile photo of learning 1learning 1
    @learning-1

Hi Dave
    I am pretty new to developing / building but I am confused about all these extra expenses .Few years ago I have built 1 house and used Simmonds builders in Victoria and I got a fixed price contract that included everything except clothesline , letter box etc.
    I understand it was a very small project and it wasn't a subdividing or anything like that but my questions is cant we get a fixed price from builders and who ever else that will be involved in our project so that we don't blow our budget , I even got some money back from the builder because they did not need to dig across the road.
    My second question is when we buy a block how do we know whether it can be subdivided  to build few townhouses or if it is a corner block and we like to keep to house in the front but subdivide the back how do we know whether we will get permission
    Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.