All Topics / Value Adding / Render on fibro.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of benking84benking84
    Participant
    @benking84

I am looking to buy a fibro ex commision house, and the outside definatly needs some work.

Wondering if anybody has used the product granosite or anything similar, its basically a paint that looks like render made by watyl. If it looks good, we would only need to remove the covering/joinging strips somehow cover that up, paint the whole thing and then somehow fill in the gaps under the house between the grould and where the fibro starts. (any ideas for that would be greatly appreciated also.

If anybody has any other ideas for the best way to revitalise the fibro I would be definatly interested.

Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

used a different brand

very happy with the result.

Profile photo of benking84benking84
    Participant
    @benking84

What brand did you use?

I was having a look at http://www.shieldcoat.com.au who offer similar products.

Did you use it on fibro? and if so what did you use to replace the covering strips? and the area under the house that isnt covered?

Profile photo of HandymanHandyman
    @handyman

Hi benking84

Wattyl granosite is pretty good product there is a few brands with generally the same type of product out there. With the cover mouldings you need to have them removed and fill the gap with external filling compound, or you could use cement. Then when you paint over it with the granosite it will look like render.

Profile photo of benking84benking84
    Participant
    @benking84

Handyman, thanks for your advice.

Any idea on waht to do with the area under the house, there is a decent sized gap where you can crawl under the house, not sure if it will look any good once rendered if the gap is still there.

Profile photo of Kiwi-FullaKiwi-Fulla
    @kiwi-fulla

you could try whacking some timber around the bottom skirt of the building (I am assuming it is on piles being a fibro)….. make a door for under house access … and paint it a half tone darker than the rendering work…. I am asuming you are using an earthy colour something like Stone Henge… or stonington Beige…….
    Should look pretty good.

Profile photo of HandymanHandyman
    @handyman

With regards to the area under the house, i am assuming that you would like to cover it up. If that is your intention you can cover it with sheets of fibro, make a frame so that you can screw your fibro to it, then you can paint it with the rest of the house, but you will need to make an access hatch and also you need to put some vents in if you cover it all up, as it is very imortant to maintain ventilation.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.