All Topics / General Property / nasty surprise from painters

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of prusliprusli
    @prusli

Hi All,

no question but just want to share my story.

I have just been told by my painter costing me twice as much than what was initially quoted. 
    He is my good friend's friend husband.  His initial quote was $360/day for 2 people.

After working 5 days he told me the total cost is $3300 which was way beyond the initial quote.

I will always get everything in writing regardless who recommends or how well you know the person.

Profile photo of suavemechanicsuavemechanic
    Participant
    @suavemechanic

yep ! my sisters husband  ' found ' a bunch of receipts in his pocket a few months after i had sold the flat he painted for me  . i thought i had already paid him most generously ,one  i was really pissed off that my sister lives in poverty cos her husband wont take care of details .and two they got really upset when i suggested that a  proper business wouldnt pay till the lawyers letter arrived .
    and yes even though it was a nice job i could have taken a week off and done it myself and had a couple  of grand left !
    my new motto is " no good deed goes unpunished !"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.