All Topics / General Property / PROPERTY WEB SITES

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)
  • Profile photo of lindollylindolly
    @lindolly

Hi There

Im new to the property game.Im looking for property related web sites with FREE and useful information.

Does anyone know of such sites with a good source of property info??

Maybe someone can point me in the direction of a previous post with a list of web sites.

Any help would be much appreciated.

cheers,

lindolly.

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

what sort of info do you want?

Profile photo of lindollylindolly
    @lindolly

Hi L.A. Aussie,

The following would be nice:

– Hotspots – ie where are people buying, where should they buy.

– National Auction results.

– Tips sites for buying/selling.

– Tips on which Agents to use/not use.

– General Suburb info, ie Suburb demographic, suburb rates etc.

– Other decent forum sites such as this one.

Basically any valuable info required when buying an IP.

thanks

LINDOLLY.

Profile photo of ritchie77ritchie77
    Participant
    @ritchie77

Hi guys

Was there any further response to this topic??
    I also think it would be useful info. however I beleive generally to fing hotspot suburbs you may have to pay for it!! (through reports such as residex and hotspotting)

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

top ranking qld suburbs for growth

1Sandstone Point
    2Munruben
    3Pelican Waters
    4Sippy Downs
    5Doonan
    6Ningi
    7Twin Waters
    8Bellmere
    9Forest Lake
    10Murrumba Downs
    11Caloundra West
    12Peregian Beach
    13Parkwood
    14Sunrise Beach
    15Griffin
    16Noosaville
    17Morayfield
    18Samford Valley
    19Warner
    20Ormeau
    21Cashmere
    22Rothwell
    23Yaroomba
    24Pacific Paradise
    25Banksia Beach
    26Mudjimba
    27Heritage Park
    28Sinnamon Park
    29Parkinson
    30Marcoola
    31Macleay Island
    32Russell Island
    33Burpengary
    34Bulimba
    35Sunshine Beach
    36Cornubia
    37Upper Kedron
    38Fitzgibbon
    39Noosa Heads
    40Doolandella
    41Curra
    42Tallabudgera
    43Tanah Merah
    44Moffat Beach 
    45Coolum Beach
    46Balmoral
    47Hawthorne
    48Arundel
    49Cooroy
    50Manly
    51Logan Village
    52Narangba
    53Wilston
    54Springfield
    55Tewantin
    56Yamanto
    57Clear Island Waters
    58Buderim
    59Alexandra Headland
    60Bongaree
    61Highgate Hill
    62Glass House Mountains
    63New Farm
    64Little Mountain
    65Aroona
    66Seven Hills
    67Currimundi
    68Bli Bli
    69Mermaid Beach
    70Cannon Hill
    71Newstead
    72North Lakes
    73Lota
    74Morningside
    75Sandgate
    76Scarborough
    77Gordon Park
    78Minyama
    79East Brisbane
    80West End
    81Wynnum
    82Woody Point
    83Bonogin
    84Grange
    85Bridgeman Downs
    86Newmarket
    87Mooloolah Valley
    88Palmwoods
    89Eight Mile Plains
    90Wooloowin
    91Windsor
    92Auchenflower
    93Kenmore Hills
    94Worongary
    95Graceville
    96Belmont
    97Coorparoo
    98Greenslopes
    99Deception Bay
    100Beachmere
    Profile photo of Stella1258Stella1258
    @stella1258

Just my luck lol – looked at 4 of those suburbs but purchased somewhere else! Oh well lets see how we go anyway ……

Cheers
    Stella

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com
    Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

Stella, wouldn't worry to much I have  property in Ashgrove that is going great and its not even on the list neither is Murarrie which has had very high growth in the last year 30% according to REIQ nd 40% according to Domain might be less than that but its moving

Profile photo of HandyAndy888HandyAndy888
    @handyandy888

Try my site….its a start…

Profile photo of Stella1258Stella1258
    @stella1258
    bardon wrote:
    Stella, wouldn't worry to much I have  property in Ashgrove that is going great and its not even on the list neither is Murarrie which has had very high growth in the last year 30% according to REIQ nd 40% according to Domain might be less than that but its moving

Thanks but I'm not worried – just surprised after the research I did & what the area has going for it that it didn't make this list. Still quite happy with the purchase – seems I always do things 'differently' anyway so this is no exception!

Cheers
    Stella 

Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76

Could be worse. My IP is in the shoalhaven on the nsw south coast. Apparently we have the highest unemployment in australia.
    Over 13 %

Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

Dont forget your local library is fantastic. They have all the current property mags, books, reference material, etc.

You can spend days in there and learn so much!

Oh they also have internet.  A full turnkey solution and all free.

Profile photo of KodageKodage
    @kodage

Hi Bardon /all

I read your list with Interest a few weeks ago, and didnt do anything with it until I saw it again tonight.  By total coincidence I have just signed a contract for a Brand new property in Sandstone Point!  First House IP – I am hoping for the Capital Growth .  I paid slightly more than a property in Bellmere ( Caboolture ) for similar rent, but it is still majorly negativley geared! ………………………….  

If anyone has any tips on my next purchase on how to source new positive cash flow that would be great.  It has not gone unconditional yet so please let me know your thoughts. 

Does anybody have the calculator that all the Property Investing companies use ( allowing for depreciation, tax etc ) telling you what you out of pocket per week will be ?

With Many Thanks

Profile photo of GuanGuan
    @guan
    Kodage wrote:
    Hi Bardon /all

I read your list with Interest a few weeks ago, and didnt do anything with it until I saw it again tonight. By total coincidence I have just signed a contract for a Brand new property in Sandstone Point! First House IP – I am hoping for the Capital Growth . I paid slightly more than a property in Bellmere ( Caboolture ) for similar rent, but it is still majorly negativley geared! ………………………….

If anyone has any tips on my next purchase on how to source new positive cash flow that would be great. It has not gone unconditional yet so please let me know your thoughts.

Does anybody have the calculator that all the Property Investing companies use ( allowing for depreciation, tax etc ) telling you what you out of pocket per week will be ?

With Many Thanks

Dear Katrina,

Although Residex report is popular among investors, I do not think they are as good as I was told. Residex reports from 2005 onwards, have not been any good at all. In early 2005 to mid 2006, they have been predicting excellent growth in Sydney, which of course did not happen. Worse still, they were predicting Brisbane house growth to be at around 5% per annum for 2005 to 2010, which in fact was totally wrong as Brisbane hit around 17% this year.

I must admit I am a total nerd in researching for suburbs with excellent growth around Australia. There is no doubt I would agree South East Queensland would the place to invest.

From the list provided by Brandon above, there are only a couple of them which I am truly believe will provide good growth. And, sorry to say Sandstone is not one of them.

I do agree that Brisbane outer North suburbs would provide excellent growth for the next 5 to 7 years. However, for the past 2 years, population growth in the Caboolture has slowed down. From recent reports from the ABS, I noticed the trend now is moving nearer to the CBD. You might want to have a look at Strathpine area which is also at outer North of Brisbane but within 18 to 25 kilometers from the CBD. Let us compare…

I believe for an average new 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms house built in Sandstone will cost around 370 000 – 500 000 depending on age, size of land and quality of the house. The rent would roughly be around 330 to 400 per week.

Compare it with Murrumba Downs (23,24 kms) and Griffin (22 kms). Both suburbs are side by side and has almost the same median prices and rent yields. The houses in the area are roughly 2-8 years old. Median price for 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms houses in the area is 370 000. The rent yields are outstanding, between 340 and 420 per week. Due to great influx of demand in the area, the rent is set to rise significantly in near future.

If you love to buy off the plan to save stamp duty and/or have your own design for the house, you might want to have a look at suburbs like Warner and North Lakes. Recently, I received brochures of new land being released in those suburbs. You can have a look at http://www.realestate.com.au under New Land Estates section and search for those suburbs. They are in Strathpine area as well.

My 5 best recommendations for growth in South East Queensland:
    Chermside West
    Herston
    Murrumba Downs/Griffin
    Inala
    Coomera/Upper Coomera/Oxenford

Go for growth as it is the best way to get leverage for your next property quicker!!!

All the best for your investment.

Regards,
    Guan

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

How about the GHPC Australian Property Discussion Forum here: http://tinyurl.com/2drg6h

Cheers, F. [cowboy2]

Profile photo of ianvestorianvestor
    @ianvestor
    lindolly wrote:

– Tips sites for buying/selling.

Check out this site and subscribe to the newsletter: http://www.propertyupdate.com.au/

You can also read all the old articles from past newsletters by going to the site.

-Ian

Profile photo of ianvestorianvestor
    @ianvestor
    foundation wrote:
    How about the GHPC Australian Property Discussion Forum here: http://tinyurl.com/2drg6h
    Cheers, F. [cowboy2]

F, someone on that forum mentioned 'SS' as in the name of another forum or website. Do you know what SS is referring to?

@foundation
    ianvestor wrote:
    foundation wrote:
    Cheers, F. [cowboy2]

F, someone on that forum mentioned 'SS' as in the name of another forum or website. Do you know what SS is referring to?

That would be Somersoft!
    http://www.somersoft.com/forums/

Cheers, F. [cowboy2]

@foundation

How about http://www.invested.com.au/?
    They have people talking about property investment too (including some rubbish, but some good)…

Profile photo of infowarpinfowarp
    @infowarp

Thanks for listing all of these real estate sites.

Andrew

Real estate training

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.