All Topics / Legal & Accounting / solicitor what to do

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of chez71chez71
    Participant
    @chez71

Hello I am pretty new to all of this but I am looking for some information.  When buying a IP other then in your immedatie area.  Let's said interstate do you still use your local solicitor or do you find one that is in driving distance of the property.  I can not even start to think what to do with this.

Thanks

Cheryl

Profile photo of tammytammy
    @tammy

Hi Cheryl,

I am in NSW and purchasing a property in QLD. My local conveyencer is not able to handle the Qld purchase as they are only able to be registered in one state at a time. I ended up using a local law firm who has a Qld agent. Not that it all ran smoothly. When you find a property, try putting up a post asking for a referal for a certain area. A personal referal may give you a gem!
    Cheers
    Tammy

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hi Cheryl. Yes, you should use one from that state – different processes etc. It is possible to use your exisiting one, but they end up having to source one interstate on your behalf, so effectively you pay almost double that way – as ooposed to approaching a solicitor direct. Most R/E's will have three or four they can recommend. All the best.

Profile photo of chez71chez71
    Participant
    @chez71

hello thanks for the tips I have read a few things but little things like this sort of get left out. 

Cheers

Cheryl

Profile photo of kelbrenkelbren
    @kelbren

Hi,

I am in NSW and have just settled on a property in Brisbane using a Brisbane based Solicitor. Every thing went smoothly. If any one wants details of the Solicitor in Brisbane I can highly recommend him and his attention to detail given I was interstate and not fully familiar with the differing requirements between States.
    Cheers
    Kel
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.