Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Tara30
    Participant
    @tara30

Hi Admin,

When making a post on the forum from my MAC the formatting does not work. ie. When I press Return to start a new paragraph it does not start a new paragraph – there is no space between the paragraphs.
    I can't insert emoticons.
    I have no problems when using my PC.
    Is this just a MAC thing?
    Tara.
    Profile photo of PhorshaPhorsha
    Participant
    @phorsha

Of course…..MACS are a headache on a good day. Maybe you need adobe flashplayer or adobe shockwave or some other plugin.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Participant
    @administrator

Hi Tara,

What browser are you using on your Mac? There are some known formatting issues for the Safari browser with this rich-text editor, but the basics should still work ok. If you would like the more advanced formatting options when using your Mac, I would suggest downloading Firefox:

http://www.firefox.com

At least until some of the issues have been resolved

David

Profile photo of brookeleabrookelea
    Participant
    @brookelea

i'm having the same problem..i guess the simple pc platform cannot withstand the superiority of the mac..

Profile photo of JONCHUJONCHU
    @jonchu

I am with brookelea, in fact, the forum (layout, colours, etc) looks actually better on my Imac than on my Windows based laptop. I love my MAC.

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

Ok its official. I hate microsoft and my next puter is going to be a mac. I  hear safari loads twice as fast as any other browser. windows sux and so does explorer.  i am happy using firefox. I currently have vista and wouldn't encourage anyone to upgrade to it. If I could go back to XP I would. Every time I want to open a new program the damn thing asks me if I'm sure I want to open it!!!! grrrrrr Id love one of those vista nerds to ask me that when I had my hands around his neck.

Then it will tell me I need administration access to open something. IM the only person who has ever used it. There  is no administrator.

As for the mircosoft xbox 360…….total dud. OUrs, like everyone else does or soon will , has the three rings of death. I know one bloke who has put it in three times for repairs during the yearly warranty. Now unless you buy the new Elite model for 7 to $800 it is virtually impossible (brisbane) to get one of the older more reasonably priced xbox 360's cos microsoft know they stuffed up causing them to overheat.

VIVRE LE MAC REVOLUTION 

Profile photo of sogni1sogni1
    Participant
    @sogni1

Download Firefox as your browser. I just did & can post just fine now…phew !

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

I have moved to the dark side – yes I've swapped to a MAc and it's great.

I agree you need firefox – it's a free download

Profile photo of brookeleabrookelea
    Participant
    @brookelea

no michael, it's not the dark side, you have come to the light!!

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

I sort of agree – It's taken a while, but I'm really beginning to appreciate my mac

Profile photo of Dave HooperDave Hooper
    @dave-hooper

I love my macbook pro

I could never go back now.

Profile photo of hareluyahareluya
    Participant
    @hareluya

MAC is great, but is any of the softwares available on this site able to run on MAC???

By the way, I use a MAC myself!!! They're great!

Profile photo of voigtstrvoigtstr
    @voigtstr

I swapped to mac last month, I bought the 17" Mac Book Pro with glossy hi res screen. I also bought a 1 Tb Time Capsule to keep the MBP backed up.  I still need access to some windows programs, including some games. I've used bootcamp, set up vista 64 sp1, and then in the OS X partition I've got VM Ware Fusion so that I can access vista programs that don't need 3d acceleration. For the games like Oblivion and halflife 2.2 etc, I boot into Vista.  This is one pretty computer!

Profile photo of cool samcool sam
    Participant
    @cool-sam

Hi
    I really not happy while i was ask to work on mac ………

Mexico Luxury Villas | Cabo Luxury villas

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

I am learning how to install and use Linux as I too am not happy with VISTA either. Linux ubuntu distribution comes with Firefox

Profile photo of AtwaterAtwater
    Participant
    @atwater

I agree with the Firefox selection , I was in great trouble when using the IE, download,page opening,display and many other problems,The total solution for all is Firefox and I really love it.Its free,easy downloadable and easy auto update available.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.