All Topics / Help Needed! / Do we need a second IP?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

G'day all…

My partner and I are both teachers in an Aboriginal Community in the NT and 6 months ago bought our first house in Tasmania. While living in the NT the government pay our housing, electricity, and water bills so the only expenses we have during the year are food, entertainment (minimal) and flights in and out. Our first house cost us $355,000 and we have leased that out for $350 a week since the settlement date and it has just recently been revalued at $375 thousand…

We are looking at buying another property around the $400 thousand range and were hoping to hear some thoughts from some experienced investors. Our salaries are approx $140,000 before tax combined, we have no kids, late 20's and planning to stay in the NT under these conditions for the next 4-5 years. Currently we are easily affording to put $4000 a month into our first mortgage. It would be great to hear some opinions from you guys… cheers

tuggerwaugh

Profile photo of pinknic20pinknic20
    @pinknic20

Hi,

I am not an experienced investor have just brought our first IP, my advise would be to buy as many as you can while you are living up there i assume you would not earn the same amount of money working in a city school. My brother inlaw and his wife were teaching on Thursday Island, they brought one house and rented it out they are kicking themselves now for not setting themselves up more.

Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

G'day Pinknic…

Thanks for the reply…. yeah I think that we can't really go wrong while we have no expenses but the more we read the more we think about what the best decision is. Cheers

tuggerwaugh 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.