All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Should I just get another accountant?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of eterniteternit
    @eternit
    Should I just get another accountant?

Hi,

I have to use accountant first time as I bought my IP in June last year and lots of other things to claim for last financial year aswell.

Anyways there is this accountant who I talked to last week and I asked him to do my tax return and he said he will do it fo $XXX amount and also give me free advice throughout the year.

I am in Canberra and he is in Sydney. I sent him all my details for tax lodgement, anyways everytime I call him he is busy and says he will call me back but never does.

He sends me an email every night and then I have to ask questions about what he says in the email but then he only replies once a night so its been going on till now.

I am thinking of going with another accountant who will actually clarify everything verbally to me.

Do I have to pay this accountant anything? I have not signed anything and he has not submitted my tax return yet.

Profile photo of kaz101kaz101
    Participant
    @kaz101

Hi,

I would have thought that if he's been doing some work for you then there will be a charge. There is also a verbal agreement that he would do your tax return which is why you sent him your details.

However I'm not a lawyer.

Whenever we get a new accountant – we had to get one since we've recently moved to Oz, I interview them. I get them to explain things to me since I need someone who can explain things simply. My first accountant in the UK was a nightmare since he could never talk down to my level. I'm happy to say I now have a good accountant in the UK (been with her for years now), and I think I have a good one here too. We'll see once he's done my tax return!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.