All Topics / Help Needed! / Brisbane suburbs

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of daffodildaffodil
    @daffodil

Hi,

I am looking for buying an investment property in brisbane. I need some help/inputs on areas that i can start looking that would satisfy my key criteria's below.

1. looking in the budget of 350k
    2. purely investment and looking for long term capital growth
    3. looking in for suburbs in brisbane that is closer to the city
    4. suburb which has transportation, hospitals and other reqd essential facilities
    5. less maintanence houses/ units.
    6. rental return of atleast 5%

Can someone who has good idea on the growth suburbs in brisbane suggest inputs?
    Thanks.

Profile photo of keen askeen as
    @keen-as

up around kallangur/petrie/murrumba downs on the north side and down around underwood on the southside… you can still get a 4 bedder for under $350K

Profile photo of Faulty by natureFaulty by nature
    @faulty-by-nature

springwood and roachdale were the two areas i looked at and both had a strong growth history

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

top ranking qld suburbs for growth

1 Sandstone Point 2 Munruben 3 Pelican Waters 4 Sippy Downs 5 Doonan 6 Ningi 7 Twin Waters 8 Bellmere 9 Forest Lake 10 Murrumba Downs 11 Caloundra West 12 Peregian Beach 13 Parkwood 14 Sunrise Beach 15 Griffin 16 Noosaville 17 Morayfield 18 Samford Valley 19 Warner 20 Ormeau 21 Cashmere 22 Rothwell 23 Yaroomba 24 Pacific Paradise 25 Banksia Beach 26 Mudjimba 27 Heritage Park 28 Sinnamon Park 29 Parkinson 30 Marcoola 31 Macleay Island 32 Russell Island 33 Burpengary 34 Bulimba 35 Sunshine Beach 36 Cornubia 37 Upper Kedron 38 Fitzgibbon 39 Noosa Heads 40 Doolandella 41 Curra 42 Tallabudgera 43 Tanah Merah 44 Moffat Beach  45 Coolum Beach 46 Balmoral 47 Hawthorne 48 Arundel 49 Cooroy 50 Manly 51 Logan Village 52 Narangba 53 Wilston 54 Springfield 55 Tewantin 56 Yamanto 57 Clear Island Waters 58 Buderim 59 Alexandra Headland 60 Bongaree 61 Highgate Hill 62 Glass House Mountains 63 New Farm 64 Little Mountain 65 Aroona 66 Seven Hills 67 Currimundi 68 Bli Bli 69 Mermaid Beach 70 Cannon Hill 71 Newstead 72 North Lakes 73 Lota 74 Morningside 75 Sandgate 76 Scarborough 77 Gordon Park 78 Minyama 79 East Brisbane 80 West End 81 Wynnum 82 Woody Point 83 Bonogin 84 Grange 85 Bridgeman Downs 86 Newmarket 87 Mooloolah Valley 88 Palmwoods 89 Eight Mile Plains 90 Wooloowin 91 Windsor 92 Auchenflower 93 Kenmore Hills 94 Worongary 95 Graceville 96 Belmont 97 Coorparoo 98 Greenslopes 99 Deception Bay 100 Beachmere

Profile photo of mackarmackar
    @mackar

hi bardon, wher did that list come from??? matusik?

Participant
    @bardon

Mackar, not matusik but it fell off the back of another proverbial truck

@mackar

good… i have 5 properties in these suburbs… are they in any order?? did you get it from rpdata??

Participant
    @bardon

yes they are ranked in order of growth with 1 being the highest which is 14% per year for next eight years  and it falls away from there, not from rpd data

@mackar

would love to see the report in more detail… is that possible??
    cheers

Participant
    @bardon

I cant send it around and wont post it in its entirety as the original authors sell it.  If you let me know the suburbs by number I can tell you the forecasted growth for next 5 and 8 years.

@mackar

cheers mate,
    coolum beach, arundel & parkwood
    thanks

Participant
    @bardon

Suburb,       5 year growth 8 year growth
    Parkwood             14                    11
    Coolum Beach    10                     8
    Arundel                  10                     8

@mackar

how does it work… is that average annual growth for said number of years… does it compound??

Participant
    @bardon

yes it is avearge growth per year and it does compound,

four years ago I got this list and it was saying buy in Emerald, Mt Isa, Moranabah, Townsville, Cairns, Mackay etc and I didn't and look what happened up there.

Interestingly enough they are now not showing any of those ares or other regional areas or northern queensland most of the suburbs are in seq although Curra is on the list.

I guess if you alredy own places on the list it wont make any difference but it is a good guide if you are buying I am using it for my buying locations and am under contract in Ningi which is a 14 and 13 %.

If you need any other info PM me, I'm off to the park with my young sons now for a bit of footy… the good things in life.. enough stats…………………

@mackar

thanks Bardon,
    has been very helpful… have a great arvo… kick a goal for me!!

Profile photo of daffodildaffodil
    @daffodil

Thanks for those informative responses. Bardon, will you be able to provide stat on the following ones?
    Hervey Bay, Ferny hills, Everton park, Brighton, bellbird park and Redcliffe?
    Thanks.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.