All Topics / Help Needed! / investment property to sell

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of lobolobo
    @lobo

hello Guys

i have a house with granny flat that I intend to list with a agent to sell soon. the rental returns per week are $550 a week and expected sale price is around $565 .. the property is located in a very good quiet street in st george area, sydney.

should i sell this property as a investment property with the tenants or should i sell it to first home buyers vacant is the question… its good block 520 squares, close to station, schools, etc sought after area ..

Profile photo of StumunroStumunro
    @stumunro

Speak to some real estate agents in the area about some comparison prices of recent sales history. I am an investor, who lives in Sydney and i feel that alot of sales are going to cashed up execs / families moved here from overseas rather than investors who have mostly gone out of state. It's impossible to speak so generally about what your strategy should be, if I was you I would be interviewing all the agents in the area and forming your opinion from those discussions. Go on http://www.rpdata.com and get the free suburb report which will tell you what sort of demographic lives in your area.  It will tell you what percentage is owner occupied and what percentage rents, unless you have an outstanding rental return which is way above the avg for the area then you should just play for percentages. With such a low vacancy rate in Sydney, it will not scare the investors away by not having tenants in there, agents usually market the property with previous rental return anyway and besides… any investors in the Sydney market today are looking for capital growth and are fairly cashed up so a week or two of vacancy on settlement will not hurt them too much.  You will have more chance of the price being pushed up by owner occupiers anyway mate. Good luck !

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.