All Topics / Overseas Deals / Panama Property

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of hawes807807hawes807807
    @hawes807807

Hello,

I am a former commodity trader just moved to panama full time. Have been commuting between panama and new york for last 2.5 years. I have invested in panama and made nice returns. Now I have decided I want to help other people invest here.
    Panama is a country of contrasts. A major financial hub, beaches, highlands, and many islands.
    If there is anything you would like to know. I am here to help. An expat in Panama. I can answer any questions you have and if I cant I can find someone here who can.

Profile photo of gocoastalgocoastal
    @gocoastal

Hi , yes i am interested in south american investment property and info..Pm me if you like..!thx

Profile photo of Chief WigamChief Wigam
    Participant
    @chief-wigam

Hi Hawes,

I would like to take up your offer of understanding the property market in Panama.

I know about the planned expansion of the canal as one good reason to invest there.

With the high AUD:USD rate, it is attractive.

What do you think of the Essenza development in Costa Del Este – this is an area that is booming and is full of new developments. How does it compare to other condos in your view?

It is tailored for medical tourism, retirees and general residential, so a "mixed" use. I have been told this mixed use is uncommon so gives the condo a uniqueness.

Is it better to concentrate my search for condos in Panama City?

I know the market there has rocketed in recent times. Is it too late to look at buying for investment purposes?

As there are lots of new developments coming on line, will there be an oversupply in Panama?

I know your posting is quite old now, but if you are still active in the market, I'd be interested to hear from you.

Profile photo of ness1474ness1474
    @ness1474

Hi Hawes

I too am interested in investing in Panama.  Have quoted Chief Wigams reply as I have the same questions.

Cheers

Chief Wigam wrote:

Hi Hawes,

I would like to take up your offer of understanding the property market in Panama.

I know about the planned expansion of the canal as one good reason to invest there.

With the high AUD:USD rate, it is attractive.

What do you think of the Essenza development in Costa Del Este – this is an area that is booming and is full of new developments. How does it compare to other condos in your view?

It is tailored for medical tourism, retirees and general residential, so a "mixed" use. I have been told this mixed use is uncommon so gives the condo a uniqueness.

Is it better to concentrate my search for condos in Panama City?

I know the market there has rocketed in recent times. Is it too late to look at buying for investment purposes?

As there are lots of new developments coming on line, will there be an oversupply in Panama?

I know your posting is quite old now, but if you are still active in the market, I'd be interested to hear from you.

Profile photo of jcso99jcso99
    Participant
    @jcso99

Hi Hawes,

I may be interested in +ve cashflow properties in Panama. However, just a couple of background information, what is the trend of population growth, how much of population is renters compared to owners for residential apartments?

Also, did you buy single condos or mulit-family condos which made you attractive returns?

Cheers
    John

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.