All Topics / Value Adding / need help with new house

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of viralkviralk
    @viralk

Hi I have investement property in small town of queensland. I subdivided it and sold one block on which the house was siting. I now have vacant block of land on which i am thinking to put another house and want to sell that.  

I need a help with the following. Any comments/suggestions/recommendations would be much appreciated.

1. Should I buy removable house and do the renovation?

2. Should I buy new removable house?

3. Any other option other than removable house which is cheaper.

the purpose is once I put the house on that land, i want to sell that asap.

Please help.

thanks

vk

Profile photo of sP00dLesP00dLe
    @sp00dle

Hi there

I too have a block of land in a small town in qld.  I looked at removable homes but the finance was too tricky to get and it looked like too much work to organise when we lived interstate. 

We actually built a brand new brick home for just under $90,000 using Tamawood.  I can recommend them they were very efficient and the house was built quite quickly with no problems.  They organise all the trades, the timeline of work happening, coordinating with council etc. You just have to sit back and wait for the progress payments.

There is also a website  http://www.prebuilt.com.au that you might like to look at.  They build the house at their factory and truck it to your land.  It is designed very cleverly so that they just unfold it when it gets to your property.  Goes up in a few days. We havent used them but i thought it was interesting.

A removable house for around $50,000 might sound cheap but then you have to fix it up, put a new roof on, restump it, etc. And the bank is not happy to lend on these. However, if you have a trade background and know what you are doing it could be the way to go. Was talking to a guy in Toowoomba who does this and he sells for a good profit.

Hope this helps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.