All Topics / Value Adding / Rendering

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of Stella1258Stella1258
    @stella1258

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone knows the rough cost of rendering (I'm guessing there is an average $ per m2?) & how much it would add to the value of the property once done?

Also, does anyone know of a good renderer on the Gold Coast?

Cheers

Stella

Profile photo of demkeldemkel
    Participant
    @demkel

Hi Stella

You are looking at prices from $25 to 30 a square metre plus gst for cement render plus painting costs afterwards.
    If you have a flat surface you might consider an applied granular finish like dulux acratex which has the colour already in it and costs about the same. And yes, you will come out well ahead, if you get a good job done and select a popular colour.

Regards

Demkel 

Profile photo of Stella1258Stella1258
    @stella1258

Thanks Demkel – now to find someone to do it – sometimes easier said than done on the Gold Coast…

Cheers

Stella

Profile photo of jsawtelljsawtell
    Participant
    @jsawtell

Hi Stella,

Can you please reply to this forum if you find someone who can render.  We will be in same situation shortly.  Otherwise I may have to see about doing it myself.

Thanks
    Jason

Stella1258 wrote:
    Thanks Demkel – now to find someone to do it – sometimes easier said than done on the Gold Coast…

Cheers

Stella

@stella1258

Will do Jason, although that job has just been put on hold – have to replace a back fence first..

If you do it yourself I'd like to hear the details too?
    Cheers

Stella

Profile photo of mortymorty
    @morty

Hey Guys!
    Just noticed your post and thought i'd tell you about a fantastic product i've recently used.
    It's called santini and i bought it through boral. It comes pre-mixed in buckets to whatever color you want, (you can pick nearly any color from a dulux paint chart and they'll mix it up for you)
    The full price to do an entire 22 square house was about $1800 compared to render which would have cost thousands.
    We applied it ourselves with a broom and it looks fantastic, and so much cheaper!!
    Thought it might suit your job, anyway, goodluck!
    Morty

@stella1258

Thanks Morty – any photos?

Profile photo of ianvestorianvestor
    @ianvestor
    demkel wrote:
    Hi Stella

You are looking at prices from $25 to 30 a square metre plus gst for cement render plus painting costs afterwards.
    If you have a flat surface you might consider an applied granular finish like dulux acratex which has the colour already in it and costs about the same. And yes, you will come out well ahead, if you get a good job done and select a popular colour.

Regards

Demkel 

A word of warning about 'pre-mixed' colour… You run the risk of not having the entire surface exactly the same shade. This is because the colour is usually mixed and made up on the spot, and they can't make enough in one batch to cover the entire building. So each batch they make up may be ever so slightly different, ending up with you having to pay to get the building painted anyway.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.