All Topics / General Property / Designed Portfolio Investments – Ipswich

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of foghatfoghat
    @foghat

Has anyone had any dealings with a property investing group called Designed Portfolio Investments which operate out of Ipswich? I'd be very interested to hear of your experiences.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Must admit never heard of them.

Do they have a website we can look at and make comment.

I very much doubt they are a property investing group more of a property marketing group who no doubt out their hand out for a nice fat commission cheque on each settlement. Remember these guys dont do anything for nothing. 

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Charlie MFSCharlie MFS
    Participant
    @charlie-mfs

Hi,

I have to 2nd Richard's post – do you have any further contact details for this group.

I am in the Ipswich area and havn't heard anything about them recently  but would like to see what they do.

Thanks

Sharlene
    [email protected]

Profile photo of MysteryMystery
    Participant
    @mystery

I did a google search and nothing came up under that name, …. they must be very new  ……

Martin

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

We're doing a small development in Raceview and have never heard of them … give me their names and I will check them out with all the licensing authorities … who are the directors – are they licensed – are their sales people licensed – what is their strategy – who are they selling for, what developments are they marketing.

You can save thousands of dollars dealing direct and bypassing sales people, if thats what they are … you can also do a search on http://www.asic.gov.au and see how long their company has been registered.

D

@wealth4life.com

Hello FOGCHAT …. where are you,

Designed Portfolio Investments is not a PTY LTD company and is only a registered business name …. so who are the trading under Fogchat and do you work for them??

BN17365089

I suspect they are a property marketing company charging $30,000.00 plus commission which is common with these types of people …. I have copied your request to the department of fair trading to see if they are licensed but i suspect they are not.

You don't need to purchase property through these types of organizations … buy a block of land and contract the house to a reputable builder like Masterton Homes, Choice homes or similar … Choice will build a turn key 22sq/m house 4 bed with air for about $165k + land

Marketing companies will be a dying breed as they will all need to become IPA compliant and licensed and most sales people just want to sell and earn big commissions but the ASIC has another view … real estate agents, financial planners and other licensed groups are pressuring this point.

D   … http://www.smartacadeny.gov.au … good licensing college for you fogchat

Profile photo of foghatfoghat
    @foghat
    wealth4life.com wrote:

Designed Portfolio Investments is not a PTY LTD company and is only a registered business name …. so who are the trading under Fogchat and do you work for them??

BN17365089

I suspect they are a property marketing company charging $30,000.00 plus commission which is common with these types of people …. I have copied your request to the department of fair trading to see if they are licensed but i suspect they are not.

You don't need to purchase property through these types of organizations … buy a block of land and contract the house to a reputable builder like Masterton Homes, Choice homes or similar … Choice will build a turn key 22sq/m house 4 bed with air for about $165k + land

Marketing companies will be a dying breed as they will all need to become IPA compliant and licensed and most sales people just want to sell and earn big commissions but the ASIC has another view … real estate agents, financial planners and other licensed groups are pressuring this point.

@foghat
    foghat wrote:
    wealth4life.com wrote:

BN17365089

Hi D

Thanks for replying.

I don't work for them, rather I've been on the receiving end of bad advice and poor project manangement by them.

Their trading name is Duppen PTY LTD.

They offer business and property training. Only you have to pay a joing fee to participate in their JVs in which they do "all the work" ie source properties, renovate or build. For this they charge 10% proj mgt fees, then if you sell they take 50% of profit AFTER all expenses.

Trouble is they are severly under resourced, are inexperienced, and are at best "enthusiastic amateurs".

Regards

Foghat

@foghat
    Charlie MFS wrote:
    Hi,

I have to 2nd Richard's post – do you have any further contact details for this group.

I am in the Ipswich area and havn't heard anything about them recently  but would like to see what they do.

Thanks

Sharlene
    [email protected]

Hi Sharlene

Thanks for replying.

I don't work for them, rather I've been on the receiving end of bad advice and poor project manangement by them.

They offer business and property training. Only you have to pay a joing fee to participate in their JVs in which they do "all the work" ie source properties, renovate or build. For this they charge 10% proj mgt fees, then if you sell they take 50% of profit AFTER all expenses.

Trouble is they are severly under resourced, are inexperienced, and are at best "enthusiastic amateurs".

Regards

Foghat

@foghat
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Must admit never heard of them.

Do they have a website we can look at and make comment.

I very much doubt they are a property investing group more of a property marketing group who no doubt out their hand out for a nice fat commission cheque on each settlement. Remember these guys dont do anything for nothing. 

Hi Richard

Thanks for replying.

They don't have a website.

Regards

Foghat

Profile photo of Charlie MFSCharlie MFS
    Participant
    @charlie-mfs

Hi Foghat,

Thanks for that info,  I will be sure to make others aware should they mention them. 

Sharlene
    [email protected]

@wealth4life.com

The best way is to complain to your local member … the ASIC and ACCC are useless – your local member will put pressure on them from a higher perspective – also they sound like they are giving you ADVISE there fore they need a license …

D

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.