All Topics / Help Needed! / Help needed

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of NucopiaNucopia
    @nucopia

Any one can give me an insurance co that can give me a good deal for insuring a house in  country NSW
    I have policies with CGU in W.A  2 land lords policies  $492 for both
    I got a quote from CGU for the NSW IP and they gave me $489 for 1 house !!!!
    Any idea's appreciated !

Profile photo of NucopiaNucopia
    @nucopia

some one must have an idea … any thing ?

Profile photo of okkamooieokkamooie
    @okkamooie

Nucopia

There are many things that determine the price of insurance premiums.

The value of the property insured value of contents, risk of the suburb, rental income, size of public liability, claim history (these are the major ones as I see them).

Based on all these your premium is determined.

Given the information you have given above I would expect the property in NSW would have a higher cost or is in a higher risk area or a higher level of contents insurance.  To quote an example I moved from Sydney to Bundaberg and my MV insurance cost reduced by $80 per year.

I have landlords insurance for some properties in different locations throught Queensland with CGQ and around $500 is what it costs me for each of them, so to get 2 for this in WA seems pretty cheep.

Don

@nucopia

Don
    yes $246 per Ip in WA is cheap.
     I just never expected the NSW ip would be so high considering I asked for the exact same cover as the  WA ip's ..no contents insured apart from fixtures fittings etc…
    I have a quote now with NRMA for $370 so I will most likely go with them unless I can find some one else…
    Thanks Don I realised that location effected the premiums just did not expect it to be double .
    live and learn
    appreciate your info
    thanks

Profile photo of thornbird8191thornbird8191
    @thornbird8191

Nucopia,

Try a quote with Australian Unity or Allianz. If you have health insurance with Australian Unity, you get an extra discount too.

@nucopia

Thanks thornbird

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

I have found AAMI very competitive for this type of policy. Terry Scheer gets a good rap too, but nor sure of $$$.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.