All Topics / Help Needed! / First Home Buyer from Sydney – Where to Buy?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of longroadlongroad
    @longroad

Hi all :)

Im from Sydney and my budget for a first home is just 230k max

I'm up and down about leaving Sydney. Dont want to leave family but cant get a decent place here.
    So I've pretty much decided to buy interstate and move back to Sydney in 5 years time (if all goes to plan).

So my question is where to buy? Ive been doing a ton of research.

I want a 3 bedroom house minimum with fairly large yard.

So far looked at:

South east Melbourne around Frankston area. This is apparently not a desirable area at the moment but I feel it will be oneday, its near the beach!

Mornington Peninsula, VIC – again great location and some suburbs are very affordable now.

North Geelong (Corio) – VERY cheap now and apparently not too bad of a place.

Adelaide – Im wiling to move this far IF i can find something/somewhere decent, just have not heard good stories about the cheaper suburbs there.

Opinions? Suggestions?

The downside of this is that VIC  and SA dont exempt stamp duty for first home buyers but i still think this would turn out better than buying a 300k house 50km from sydney cbd.

I've been looking at growth figures and some areas have just shot up where pricing was originally under 200k, and Im wondering if the above areas will end up that way…

Im desperate for a house.. should have 20k+ ready to go by June next year.

Looking forward to hearing your advice :)

Profile photo of cbellesinicbellesini
    Participant
    @cbellesini

Longroad, I don't have time to retype it here but have a stack of information that is perfect for you that I can send you, send me an email [email protected] and I'll contact you. Cheers

Profile photo of longroadlongroad
    @longroad

Thanks Chris, sounds interesting

Profile photo of longroadlongroad
    @longroad

I should add that I'd eventually want this first home to become an IP and I plan to purchase other inexpensive properties (under 200K) in future.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.