All Topics / Help Needed! / Lock up stage

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of geoff sgeoff s
    @geoff-s

Hi
         Can someone identify what the lock up stage is for a house?
         I have a house being built in Brisbane and the builder has asked for a progressive payment , (Lock up stage)
      Is the lock up stage able to lock the doors, or is the lockup stage walls up , electrical wiring in , plumbing fitted and ready for the painters.?

Geoff S

Tara30
    Participant
    @tara30

Hi Geoff,

Lock up stage is when the house is secure. Ie. Doors are on & locked. Windows In. Roof On. Ie. No-one can get in without a key. The painters won't start till after lockup.

Tara.

Profile photo of NucopiaNucopia
    @nucopia

Hi
    If i was you I would not  pay any thing untill you talk with the building inspecter and confirm every thing has been done (To Lock Up )  correct specs, materials, workmanship and quality is acceptable …  windows and doors fit no gaps, weather seals are all in   etc etc  take it easy  check every thing and make sure  your self  that things have been correctly  done ……  if after this you find all is well and how it should be then    GREAT your ready to release some more funds…
    Dont get in a panic 
    Remember its your baby and your in control !

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.