All Topics / Help Needed! / Area of Tarniet in Melbourne

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

Hi every one

Im just doing some further research before i purhcase a block of land

Tarneit to me seems like a afforadable area to buy land (between 120 to 150k im willing to spend)
    Once building is completed i will be used primarly for renting purposes
    has any one experince a high traffic of people wanting to rent in that area?

or what area would you by in if you had up to 150 k to spend?

cheers

Johann psaila

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Profile photo of NucopiaNucopia
    @nucopia

Hi Johann
    Buy land build and rent
          or
    Buy house  and rent ?
    Buying land and building can  be a very expensive undertaking, when you consider the time and money you will need to spend in locating the land and then transfering ownership which could take up to 6 months from now.
    . After this you will also need to have access to various amounts of money to continue the other stages of development ,  building plans development applications and the other stages of the building its self  you could be looking  at a  wait 0f  another 12 to 18 months   with out   seeing any return on your investment.
     You will of course have capital appreciation i.e the house may be worth more then it cost to buy and build…but you will need to hold for a minimum of 1 year from the time of completion to avoid high capital gains tax if you decide to sell .
    If you rent  you may be able to gain from  $220 <??? depending on the  local market demand.  

Remember you will have to service any borrowings from your own income for any were up to 2 years or more .

Your second choice is to locate an already existing 2 or 3 bed room property for the amount of $150,000, and then you may be able to rent it for $140 < $170 per week.
    and if you do your home work you could  be receiving a rental return with in a relatively short time compared to  the first scenario.
    depending if you have  the $150,000 cash to buy out right,  this  choice might give you a negatively geared  neutrally geared and if you borrow the whole $150,000 a negatively geared property.
    If you have the $150,000 in cash you could use this as a deposit to buy more lower priced properties and borrow the balance.
     Depending on the condition and location you would have more then enough cash flow from the multiple properties to cover the loan repayments.. and over a time  fix the properties up so that they have an increase resale value and  hopefully an increased equity to borrow against for further acquisitions…. 
    These are just a few possibilities to consider..
    good luck in what ever you decide to do

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.