All Topics / General Property / NSW fast-tracks plan for rail links

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of edisonedison
    Participant
    @edison

Maybe investors should buy properties in the Hills district and/or the South west area …….

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/nsw-fasttracks-plan-for-rail-links/2007/08/22/1187462312437.html

NSW fast-tracks plan for rail links

Brian Robins
    August 22, 2007 – 10:30AM

The NSW Government is advancing plans for the north-west and south-west rail links, including land acquisition for the two projects.

"The Government is looking over the next few months at the options to be pursued here," NSW Co-ordinator General David Richmond said at a property industry conference this morning.

Professor Richmond said work was continuing on upgrading the railway network, via the clearways project, as well as increasing the level and quality of rolling stock used on the passenger network, with the planning focus now on enlarging the network.

"The next stage is investing in enhancing the system, and the growth in the north-west and the south-west. It is advancing at the appropriate speed, of planning and land acquisition.

"The Government is looking over the next few months at the options to be pursued here," he said, referring to the funding plans.

The State Government has flagged that it wants to tap private investors to finance the new suburban links in the city's north-west and south-west, which will also include a new tunnel linking Chatswood and Redfern, via North Sydney.

Both links are to be in operation by 2013.

Longer term is the plan to launch a new metro train system, which will need Federal Government assistance to advance, he said.

"What's next is the concept of metro lines, independent of the existing network," he said.

The idea here is a faster service using smaller tunnels, with mostly standing passengers typically travelling shorter distances.

"It is much easier to talk about than do and it can only happen with federal assistance," he said.

Profile photo of TheBishTheBish
    Participant
    @thebish

Hi Edison

Thanks for posting this. I'm an investor operating in the Sydney market and I think this provides a great opportunity to enjoy above average returns in those areas of the city.

In fact there is a great map in the Sydney Metro Strategy (can be found on the State Govt Planning Dept Website) that shows nicely the new infrastructure planned for the future – absolute gold for us investors.

Have you identifies any particular suburbs that may benefit from this – I've been told the areas around Rouse Hill are potentials.

Regards
    TheBish

Profile photo of edisonedison
    Participant
    @edison

Well just about all the Hills district will do well:

– Cherrybrook
    – West Pennant Hills
    – Castle Hill
    – Glenhaven
    – Dural
    – Baulkham Hills
    – Kellyville
    – Glenwood
    – Balla Vista
    – Rouse Hill
    – Stanhope Gardens

These areas are all newly built (from 80s onwards) so a lot of them are McMansions over there.
    But you have to look at the supply as well. There are going to be more and more McMansions built in Rouse Hill area so I am not so sure if you want to buy that far. But yes the rail link will make the area much more assessible.

Not sure about South West because it is quite depressed at the moment.

Profile photo of DraconisVDraconisV
    Participant
    @draconisv

Thanks TheBish for the comment about the planning website. There we go more due diligence tools at my disposal.

Chris.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.