All Topics / Opinionated! / Very honest Real Estate Agent!!!!!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of beaniemonsterbeaniemonster
    Participant
    @beaniemonster

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=287962

This was in the news today and i just couldn't resist posting it.  Seriously, WOULD YOU TAKE THE MONEY???????

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie
    Profile photo of Opportunity In EverythingOpportunity In Everything
    @opportunity-in-everything

Interesting yes.  Its perhaps a little dicey to be too opinionated at this stage.

Profile photo of Jessica 8285Jessica 8285
    @jessica-8285

No way!

Too risky.
    Plus id feel guilty, even tho its the banks money.

Profile photo of pinknic20pinknic20
    @pinknic20

No way you would have to know you where going to get caught fair enough if it was a small amount but 11mil come on who wouldn't notice that eventually.

Profile photo of peternaomi1peternaomi1
    @peternaomi1

Its just like Monoploy.  Bank error in your favour.  Except its a little more than what you get in Monopoly.  If i were him, i would have pleaded the influence Monopoly had on his values.  ;)  

Profile photo of crjcrj
    Participant
    @crj

A search on victor ollis on this site brings up some interesting reading

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forums/property-investing/general-property/6635

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Banks can make mistakes too just like everyone else. An honest person would question it and give it back, just because they made a mistake didn't give him the right to spend it!

If you are at a restaurant and they bought out the wrong meals and put them in front of you would you eat them? Most of us would tell them they are not ours knowing that someone else is waiting for them!

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

I don't think any honest person would even consider spending it.  11 million is going to be noticed at some stage.  But even if it were a paltry amount.  I don't think there would be many people who wouldn't point out  when a salesman had undercharged them. Bad karma and all that.. Plus it is important to teach our children to do the right thing.  (my elder two sons have both lost their wallets on separate occassions. Both ended up at the police station, money intact).  When one of them found a wallet with $400 in it, he handed it in and never considered keeping it. 

I remember my mother telling me a story  about finding a paper bag of money on the streets of melb 35 odd yrs ago. There was $1000+ dollars in it(a very great deal in those days) and being the honest woman she was, took it to the police station.  Some  years later when she was less naive,  she thought that the police probably had 'a jolly good party' on that money.

Profile photo of MasihMasih
    Participant
    @masih

As long as I remember I have always returned someone's money or property if I found it or saw them dropping it. Maybe except for one time when I was a kid. I was buying a packet of biscuits. When I paid for it; the shopkeeper gave me my own money back and also gave me extra change on top of it. I didnt realise it at first but after going away from the shop when I noticed the error…greed inslaved me and didnt return the money 

But now I wouldnt even think of doing something like that. I would feel guilty for the rest of my life.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.