All Topics / Value Adding / Project manager costs

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

Hi there

We are building three houses and want to get a project manager in to oversee the building rather than getting an established building company in.  Does anyone else do this?  If so, what is approximate price that project managers charge?  Is it a percentage of the final sale price?  Or is it a fixed cost?  Or a percentage of the building costs?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

K

Profile photo of beaniemonsterbeaniemonster
    Participant
    @beaniemonster

Hi Linar, i think most charge about 30%.  I have had a quote for 90% above for a straighforward job (yeah right i'll give them the job!).  We just did it ourselves, although my husband is a Project Manager anyway but in IT&T.  I'm sure others can offer you more detail than i can.  Maybe if you post where it is someone may know someone who is not only reputable but reasonably priced.  good luck anyway

Profile photo of sapphire101sapphire101
    Participant
    @sapphire101

Hi

I have had a project manager offer a set 'wage' per week of $600 over the build time of 22 weeks.

Profile photo of loccolocco
    @locco

Hello,

I do it for a living, would be more than happy to look at what you are building??
    Where abouts are you situated???

Thanks

Luke

Profile photo of dollarmandollarman
    @dollarman

at our work, everyones subby's ( company with own insurances and super etc..) and my foreman is on $55 an hour and boss charges him out at $65 an hour.. so do the maths and you got your price…

and if those % ppl are quoting are referring to running the entire site, its more like minimum 15% walk in.. that and bigger hourly rates..

Profile photo of James007James007
    @james007

hey locco i'm currently looking for a block to sub divide what would an average 3 bed 2 bath single story be worth to build?

Profile photo of loccolocco
    @locco

James email me bud..

Locco

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.