All Topics / Creative Investing / Buying off the plan and then onselling- Do I need an agent to do so?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of THEHEATHTHEHEATH
    Participant
    @theheath

Hi,
    Though I can’t find the thread right now I do remember recently reading somewhere recently that if you were to purchase a unit off the plan and then wished to onsell before settlement/completion then legally you would need to engage the services of a real estate agent as you are selling something that you don’t actually own yet? Is this the case?

If this is correct, then exactly who is it that can act as that agent. The reason I ask is because I remember seeing the fee taken by the agent as being a substantial one that signifcantly ate into the profits of doing this. I currently have a friend who completed their reps license to be a real estate agent but has not gone on to work in the industry nor gain their full real estate license. Is he able to act as an agent for me in the transaction?

Thanks for your help
    Craig

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

I think it is all state specific. Don't ask an agent, ask your conveyancor or solicitor whether it can be done. Generally, I don't think you need an agent you just need to assign the purchase contract and a solicitor can do it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.