All Topics / General Property / What makes you happy where you live?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of beaniemonsterbeaniemonster
    Participant
    @beaniemonster

I have often wondered what makes people happy where they live.  After much moving around in my 20's from regional to city and overseas and back again, from suburb to suburb i have finally found the place i call 'home'. 

I have finally grown to love the beach (used to prefer the bush) and my suburb 'Altona in Melbourne' has a lovely community feel.  When i drive in my driveway i always feel content and happy and feel lucky to live there.

Does anyone else feel good about where they live and why? What makes it a home?

Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76

I live in nowra on the nsw south coast. I was born here although i spent some time living in canberra. I love it here.
    Minutes to the beach with some world famous beaches and jervis bay is fantastic for all watersports
    Endless bush for dirtbike riding and camping
    Some of the best rock and of shore fishing in australia
    less than 2 hours to sydney and 2.5 to canberra
    fairly cheap to live.
    Night life is not great but you can drive to wollongong for a night out or go to sydney for a big one.
    Mountains nearby
    The land is very attractive,green,undulating,close to rivers ,bays and beaches.
    Plus all my friends are here. There all coming over tonight for a bit of a rage.
    Despite financial uncertainty in times to come with housing and debt etc
    I LOVE MY LIFE

Profile photo of beaniemonsterbeaniemonster
    Participant
    @beaniemonster

great response devo76, wow you make me want to live there now! lol  hmmmmmm

so fishing and friends, sounds like a great recipe for a lovely life. :-)

Profile photo of Tysonboss1Tysonboss1
    Participant
    @tysonboss1

Not really really happy where I am living,… but its freed up alot of cash for investing.

I am currentlly living in a small one bedroom apartment tagged onto the back off my business in chatswood sydney, Myself and my partner moved in mainly because it is included with the lease of the shop front , so I have zero rent to pay, and the daily cummute to work is about 15secs, I think I will stick it out for another few months then buy a little town house some where, that I can wrap later, or maybe a reno project up on the central coast.

I am not really sure where I want to settle yet, maybe back home in brisbane I am 25 now I have set myself the goal of only having to work part time by the time I am thirty, so I want to sell my business by then and settle some where out of sydney.

Profile photo of beaniemonsterbeaniemonster
    Participant
    @beaniemonster

The hard yards are usually worth it Tysonboss1, you have a plan and a head firmly on your shoulders.  I believe good things come to good people in one shape or another and to those who work hard and remain positive.

For what it's worth, my husband and i built our dream home (it was beautiful, perfect) in another suburb and we learnt a valuable lesson.  It isn't the home inside that makes it feel like home, it's when you step outside and can smile and know you may live in a home that isn't perfect but everything else feels right.  We went from a 50sq owner builder home on 1/4acre and sold to move to Altona into a 12sq old home on 730sq near the beach (for 2yrs grrrrr, with 2 toddlers).  We have just extended / renovated to 26sq and the value of our property has skyrocketed.  I believe location is the key and would rather live in 26sq in a great suburb than 50sqs (5car gge) in a lesser suburb that made me feel unhappy and isolated.

I just want to hear other peoples stories and for others to know that not everyone is set up perfectly just yet.   Keep the stories flowing, i'm sure it gives everyone an insight into the realities and sacrifices we all make to attain happiness and wealth from investing / working hard.  ONLY POSITIVE STORIES, NO KNIT PICKING :-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.