All Topics / Help Needed! / Chossing Buyers Agent

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of daffodildaffodil
    @daffodil

Can someone throw light on the key points you should take into account when selecting a buyers agent? Some of the questions i have are ..

1. What are the license information i should check for in a buyers agent?
    2. Should they be a part of any recognised committee?
    3. Is it advantageous to go through someone who has indemnity insurance? or can i get the same result in choosing a buyers agent who charges less fees but engage pest inspector/building inspector with indemnity insurance who would provide me with the same facility?
    4.Is it better if the agent is a part of any real estate agent?
    5.  Any useful links/resources that  will help me in this research?

Finally, any suggestion/inputs about any good buyers agent you have gone through or heard of in queensland is highly appreciated.
    Many Thanks.

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Being licensed and having indemnity insurance are essential.
    I would also ask if they are an ivestor themselves and how much of their total income is derived from investments versus from working as a buyer's agent. You want most of their income to be coming from their invstments.

They shoud NOT be a selling agent at the same time, this is unethical and instead of putting in the hard work to find you a property if they are also a selling agent they would just point you to their current listings.

I have a property management company that sometimes does sales my husband is a buyer's agent. He is not allowed anywhere near our sales listings even if they suit the criteria of his clients. Obviously for ethical reasons!

Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

Hi Daffodil,
    You can get more information from Real Estate Buyers' Agents of Australia website
    http://www.rebaa.com.au/
    Hope this helps

Profile photo of NahtanojNahtanoj
    @nahtanoj

Thank you for the website propertypower.

I'm still new with the buyer agent terms. Xenia, I hardly found a buyer agent that fallen into your category – are they really for real?  The one I just met, he proposed me for a good return property – too good to be true but still he can't explain why don't he invest for himself that property. I finally found out that the property is vacant and hard to find tenant (which means the prospectus good return also not applicable).
    I have also browsed the website from propertypower and found a few buyer agents website and contacts.
    With their fees – how does it work normally?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.