All Topics / Help Needed! / Rural Zoning – No Building Entitlement

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of dammitdammit
    @dammit

Hi All

Currently I am searching for some rural land for sale, from at least a couple of acres through to 100-200+ acres.

I've been looking at listings online, and theres quite a few cheap ones where it mentions 'no building entitlement/no dwelling permitted' for instance. These acreages with no building permission/permit obtainable sell much cheaper than something which you can build on.

My question is, who determines this? Is it just the local council that has zoned the land under a specific zoning that a dwelling is unable to be approved on? Is it possible to re-zone a rural holding? Or even still, while the listing says no building entitlement, can this be challenged or with further research, could the case actually be that it is possible to build provided you met certain council conditions ? (e.g. with septic requirements etc).

Is there an easy way to find out the zoning on a parcel of land? Anyone have any ideas on if its worth taking this route to try and find a block thats cheap because of no building then somehow getting it changed to allow you to build? and maybe build this into the Sale contract (I don't know if any agent/vendor would agree to a clause like 'the buyer is making this purchase pending change in zoning by local council, if such application is rejected the purchase is not binding'?

Any thoughts comments or ideas are appreciated :)
    Thanks all!

Profile photo of blueheelerblueheeler
    Participant
    @blueheeler

Try contacting the respective council and ask for the Planning Officer. They should be able help to answer all your questions, most  officers are pretty flexible and easy going.

If you would like to find out the size of each block, you need to ask for the residential code and then divide that into 10,000this would give you an estimate size of the block eg, Residential Code 20 divide into 10,000=500sqm. Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.