All Topics / Help Needed! / IS the R.E.S.U.L.T.S program REALLY worth it?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 77 total)
  • Profile photo of reecoreeco
    @reeco

Hi everyone,

New guy with a new post. $2000!!

Im guessing by the price that not many people(of course can be relative) have done the program. I mean im really big on the idea of educating (really big!!) myself but those on a 39000pa income(a few in australia) cant justify that amount($2000) regardless of the slick marketing promises. Im sure when you break down the cost involved to produce the concept its cheap this and cheap that.

Id like to offer big man Steveo this counter offer. If this course can give the desired affect(within reasonable expectations) ill double the price paid happily within a specified time frame.Again its $2000!!

Im trying to find post on the masterclass as well. Doesnt seem to be that much love for something 2-3years old . Anyone wanna comment on its greatness if any?

Cheers to all

Reeco

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Ah, I like a challenge! Thanks for making it.

The truth is though, if you can't afford to do the program then don't join up. You should never place yourself in financial hardship to do something like this. Yes, RESULTS is a great opportunity for those who can take advantage off it, but it is designed to be empowering not a curse.

All the best,

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of reecoreeco
    @reeco

Hi and thanks for the reply Steve.

Afford-ability can be governed by value for money. I understand that you yourself invested this amount initially and as the best example possible reaped the rewards.

From literally just completing your second book(3hours ago) i believe you coaxed(initially) your partner into making the leap. Id love to register for the course, but what i think i need is a similar shove from a similar person. Ill settle for chatting to someone on my level whos been through the course…

Is it too much to ask someone in my demographic  20-29 Gen Y/blue collar for there opinion. Understand if this is too much to ask.

Again thanks for the reply.and the bet still applies if your keen.Ill pay you the extra from my first wrap i achieve :)

Cheers

Profile photo of orien100orien100
    @orien100

Hi Reeco

Sorry not a Gen Y… but close…. (well OK close-ish)…

What I can tell you is that Steve's MasterClass Pack has helped me go from the basic 1 PPOR + 2 IP's in my name to having a coy/trust structure and adding an extra two projects (one buy, reno & sell – and one redeveopment project) in the last two months.

I'm now looking forward to Steve's two day seminar, and like you am considering the RESULTS program.

At the moment I am looking HARD at our initial purchases, and contemplating big steps like stepping out of our PPOR which is draining our cashflow, renting and either selling, or sub-dividing and selling our PPOR.

I think Steve's post makes a good point, you shouldn't do what you can't afford, but on the other hand – nothing risked, nothing gained.  Why not give it a shot?  All you can lose is a couple of grand – on the other hand you could gain the knowledge, tools, skills and motivation to change your future from financially average to financially free.  I know that's my plan.

Hope that helps a little – Good Luck!

@reeco

Hi Orien

Yeah i actually read it wrong. which is worse because its over 5000!!! and thats the bloody special!!!! Geez thats a BIG call for anyone no matter who they are.

I can definitely put things into perspective but at that price you have to have a written guarantee to something…anything…at all.am i right?

Rhetorical question of course, because if you pay full price 7500 THOUSAND dollars your still suppose to be getting a GREAT deal. AND AND…. you have to have $10000 in capital to be "involved"

thats almost 20,000 you need before you even have a look at the damn course!!! Can anyone in this whole forum who earns the median Australian wage tell me they HAVE what it takes to take steve seriously on those charges.

Ive read of people who have failed through steves guidance(think today tonight) .Are they available to comment on this forum??

Im not here to go against steve. I like his books alot. Now that i know how much his courses cost thats is!! Im sure people will say that what you achieve is immeasurable, but there can be NO guarantee at all that anything will be achieved. I wouldnt go in there to achieve nothing of course but stil, with that attitude(i can do it) that stil wont guarantee nothing from steve. am i right?

Seriously though i believe im entitled to a well rounded answer/s to this forum considering the sheer amount of cash thats required of it. So im gonna track those who have taken the course and those who appeared on today tonight and voice my conclusion

Would you or anyone else be willing to sell there masterclass pack? im obviously a bit of a tight ass so im gonna try at least.

Thanks

Reeco

Profile photo of okkamooieokkamooie
    @okkamooie

Hey Recco

Healthy skepticisum (if tha't how you spell it) is a valuable trait hang onto that as it make's you question things not just accept the norm.

$5,000 is a signifiant investment but one good deal can make you 10 times that amount.  If the mentoring, one on one support and motivation of the team and the larger RESULTS group can asist you to fine tune your deals and make a good deal into a great one it will be well and truley worth the fee.  Not only that I don't know who else offers this type of support.

I havent been to the RESULTS program but are pre-enrolled for next years intake and carn't wait.  Would love to see you there.

Okka

Profile photo of blueheelerblueheeler
    Participant
    @blueheeler
    reeco wrote:
    Hi Orien

Yeah i actually read it wrong. which is worse because its over 5000!!! and thats the bloody special!!!! Geez thats a BIG call for anyone no matter who they are.

I can definitely put things into perspective but at that price you have to have a written guarantee to something…anything…at all.am i right?

Rhetorical question of course, because if you pay full price 7500 THOUSAND dollars your still suppose to be getting a GREAT deal. AND AND…. you have to have $10000 in capital to be "involved"

thats almost 20,000 you need before you even have a look at the damn course!!! Can anyone in this whole forum who earns the median Australian wage tell me they HAVE what it takes to take steve seriously on those charges.

Ive read of people who have failed through steves guidance(think today tonight) .Are they available to comment on this forum??

Im not here to go against steve. I like his books alot. Now that i know how much his courses cost thats is!! Im sure people will say that what you achieve is immeasurable, but there can be NO guarantee at all that anything will be achieved. I wouldnt go in there to achieve nothing of course but stil, with that attitude(i can do it) that stil wont guarantee nothing from steve. am i right?

Seriously though i believe im entitled to a well rounded answer/s to this forum considering the sheer amount of cash thats required of it. So im gonna track those who have taken the course and those who appeared on today tonight and voice my conclusion

Would you or anyone else be willing to sell there masterclass pack? im obviously a bit of a tight ass so im gonna try at least.

Thanks

Reeco

I Reeco, there is one person u might wanna talk to and that is, Craig Turnbull. I've just about completed all 4 books including Michael Yardleys book, "grow a million-dollar portfolio" These books are excellent, which is an understatement. But to the courses Craig holds, "sapphire partnership" "ruby partnership" you can e-mail him on http://www.craigturnbull.com or his company Aspire on http://www.iaspire.com.au for more details.

Sorry Steve!! Wasn't intentional.

Profile photo of ShelliemayeShelliemaye
    Participant
    @shelliemaye

Hi guys,

I'm currently doing the RESULTS program – signed up just after I started working so that I could pay for it.  And it's the best thing I've ever done.  I was on a disability pension before – and having just lost my job, probably will be back on it again today – but now I know that it won't be for long – and I have got rid of a HEAP of debt in the meantime and worked out where I'm going and how – well OK – almost the how as I just have to have a rethink now I don't have a job – but it's worth every cent.  IF you REALLY want your whole life to move forward – then go for it!!

Profile photo of HutchHutch
    Participant
    @hutch

gee reeco,
    No one is holding a gun to your head to do the program. I thought you said that you definitely put things in perspective?
    Education across the board can cost alot more than this and I agree it is all relative to how you use it (no quitters or whingers need apply!). Have you forgotten that's it is a min 12 month program??

My theory was that's about $625 per month max. Yes it's alot, but so is the disposable income that we spend on crap!
    Property Investing is not a hobby, the stakes are high and you need to be educated in some form or another. How you do that is up to you. I do know that If I wanted to get into the stockmarket tomorrow, I would be doing everything in my power to get an education before I spent a cent on a share. It sounds as if already talked yourself out of it anyway. So you you may have answered you own questions.

(FYI: After doing a few IPs in 2003/04. I decided to do the very first Premium program (05/06) and while it challenged the hell of of me, I haven't look back. But I never looked to blame anyone but myself it I didn't get anything out of it ).

Cheers
    hutch

@reeco

Thanks all

Thanks okka, yea i understand what is possible from the course, but as you say IF. Good luck to you in your journey

Well unlike some(better positioned) im gonna have to take the course in 2009 if i do go ahead with it. Maybe not yourself shelliemaye, but good on you for giving it a go. Hope you dont mind if i ask you of your journeys in time

I believe the theme throughout the forums is to "give it a go"

Ive studied business ethics for years and know that themes like "give it a go" "nothing ventured nothing gained" etc etc are things that are employed by gurus all the time to push people, for good or bad while never ever giving some guarantee. Even a smidgen of some small guarantee.(which isnt much to ask)
    That would be the no1 reason i choose the ACTUAL voice of the PEOPLE over that of the preacher(even tho im positive hes a top bloke)

Word of mouth marketing at its pivotal best.

itl take me a while to gather the required amount to even think about it. Even then i would have to be "accepted" by his truly the almighty Steveo (hope you dont mind if i call you that steve)

Guess the amount would be enough to drive me if nothing else.

Also to hutch.Thanks and Yea i understand no gun around. The only argument is the promise of something. You pay x amount of dollars(which i can understand is a bargin…to some) but at the end there is person who A)..gave it a great shot…a really great shot(based on guidelines).and came away with a DEFICIT.. Will steve offer a cash back return if nothing comes of it? of course decided by lets say this forum

Lets say 3500…surely thats not much too ask. I can definitely see how my conversation looks. Guess i really do rely heavily on the outcome over others, hence my call to those who fill the description of Gen Y/blue collar who may have participated in some form.

All in all the fanboys can argue that i should be grateful that such an opportunity exist. Transparency(especially when theres no guarantee) is the killer here when such high fees are required i guess. But again thats if you earn the median wage(or under)

Plus i take the good with the bad to make real life choices hence my call for those who appeared on today tonight. It gives people the chance to do a real assessment. Like some agents(no not all or even most) it shouldnt just highlight best features, and possible outcomes. make clear the risk involved. Theres so much telling us whats great(which is really really good obviously…i mean whats the point otherwise, i know)

Think ive said enough for now. Dont worry im actually a positive thinker.Believe it or not.im just got a real soft spot for the consumer outcome. OVER protector you could say. but yea thanks for the view.well taken

Cheers Reece

Profile photo of jebrojebro
    @jebro

Hi 

I would reiterate what Steve said about not placing yourself in financial stress.
    As someone who has done the RESULTS programme I met a number of people on the programme who had serious doubts about outlaying the money for the course. i don't think I came across anyone who felt they had been diddled in any shape or form.
    The programme is not about hype.
    It is not a get rich quick scheme.
    It provides a framework for self development and learning which then enables the individual to learn how to make better investment decisions.
    Steve and his team are honest, hard working ordinary guys who happen to know an incredible amount about property investing. The cost is to provide you with the opportunity to tap into an extraordinary anount of expertise and with the amount of material provided over 12 months the daily cost becomes less relevant
    There were those who had outstanding results from their time on the programme and there were those that fell by the wayside. Either because it wasn't for them or they weren't ready to make the commitment and develop the resilience and determination to make things work for them. The amount of money that folks started with was (in my opinion) irrelevant to their outcome from the programme.
    If you expect to be spoon fed  and wake up at the end of 12 months with lots of money, then you are looking at the wrong programme.
    All the best 
    Profile photo of asdfasdf
    Participant
    @asdf

Just curious what kind of deals the RESULTS guys have done recently? Theres no need to provide specific locations or numbers but if its development sites – did you get it cos of the contact through the group? What analysis did you do to spec the deal out as I come across many site opportunities but rewards at the back end is just not worth the risk and equity tie up. If its buy, reno and hold – have you priced up cost of subbies and contractors these days? Its astronomical. Affordability is really at its lowest for homes with a piece of dirt and in decent locations. ie. within 15km of CBDs so am curious if all the buying is out in the country or just units to boost the yields up.

Profile photo of kaz101kaz101
    Participant
    @kaz101
    asdf wrote:

Just curious what kind of deals the RESULTS guys have done recently? Theres no need to provide specific locations or numbers but if its development sites – did you get it cos of the contact through the group? What analysis did you do to spec the deal out as I come across many site opportunities but rewards at the back end is just not worth the risk and equity tie up. If its buy, reno and hold – have you priced up cost of subbies and contractors these days? Its astronomical. Affordability is really at its lowest for homes with a piece of dirt and in decent locations. ie. within 15km of CBDs so am curious if all the buying is out in the country or just units to boost the yields up.

It's a shame you weren't on the live call a few days ago since Steve and the coaches were actually talking about the deals that they were doing. There was also talk of the deals the students were doing in the chat boxes.

Profile photo of m.pulleym.pulley
    @m.pulley

reeco,

how much does a univestity degree cost??

How much did your primary and secondary education cost?

Twelve months of education costs alot of money.

Would you be prepared to spend 5,000 on a car?
    That is garaunteed to loose money no matter how much work you put in.
    And you may even borrow money to buy that car.

I haven't done the course and I am not employed by propertyinvesting.com… but I would do the course except my partner doesn't see the value in these courses.

BUt if you do go ahead with the course… make sure you see it through and use as much of it as possible.

Good luck.

Mark.

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

I have worked with a number of people in the results program. As in any group there is a great mix of experience between individuals, and a lot of very different projects being entered into. I can say that I would consider the vast majority of projects that I have seen to be of at least good quality, and some have been exceptional. As a group, considering experience level, the people I have dealt with from the program are definately above average in terms of the quality of projects they are undertaking.

Regards
    Alistair

Profile photo of Boshy888Boshy888
    Participant
    @boshy888

I am in the same position as yourself Mark.  Partner who doesn't believe it is possible to acheive what Steve is promoting and also thinks the price of the course is a rip off. This is a bit of a hair tearing situation to be in.  Like they say, both the mind and the parachute work best when they are OPEN.

Back to the point about results.  After being both a student and teaching TAFE modules it is quite obvious that any results gained from any form of education depends on at least 50% of the student's frame of mindset, motivation and commitment.  Having seen the naturally gifted students end up with poor to mediocre results and yet the slow learners end up with the best results ,I know that the outcomes usually depend on the individual, although the aptitude of the teacher and the quality of the course content also plays a significant role.

Profile photo of tammytammy
    @tammy

Hi Recco,

I was part of the second RESULTS group and am now part on the graduate programme. You ask what happens if you are in a deficit at the end of the programme, I was in such a position. Due to a construction, I was unable to "do a deal" during the 12 months of the programme, and if you look only at numbers on the page and take travel (from regional NSW) and accomodation into account, I was definitely in a deficit. What you need to consider though, is what knowledge have you gained, what change of atitude had taken place. Currently I have 2 development projects starting that will give me returns that far outway the costs of gaining the knowledge. Given the change in my investing strategy, I know that I wouldnt be considering these deals if not for my participation in the RESULTS programme.

It is not for everyone, just like any education system – how many go to the expense of paying for UNI or TAFE and then do nothing with it – that is life. You need to be able to take responsibility for your own investing and not expect to be spoon fed. Not every one who "has a go" will meet their expectations. I can honestly say that I think the programme is worth the money.

Nothing if for free, and no one is going to give you a guantee, if you think it could be for you, then "give it a go".

All the best
    Tammy

@reeco

Thanks all.

Cheers mark.

I wouldnt spend $5000 on a car and its wrong to assume that all cars lose value. "no matter what" as you say. Google GTHO ford phase 111 and youl understand what i mean.

my primary secondary and university cost very little by comparison to most in australia… From NZ myself (sure seems like everyone is these days) But i understand where it is your coming from..

Cheers Jebro for giving the a REAL rounded answer. For those who "fell by the wayside" after doing the course.. do you believe they should be entitled to a small refund??

Many things can happen to people within a year that may or may not enable them to continue such as ill health. Are there provisions for those who cannot participate 100% of there efforts..thereby hampering there result… which in turn places them "by the wayside"?

Thanx also tammy for pointing out that there are "no guarantees" but dont you think its weird of a person to take ALL of the responsibility if nothing is achieved. By doing so you exempt those who delivered you the service. I think boshy888 go it exactly right

any form of education depends on at least 50% of the student's frame of mindset, motivation and commitment. Having seen the naturally gifted students end up with poor to mediocre results and yet the slow learners end up with the best results ,I know that the outcomes usually depend on the individual, although the aptitude of the teacher and the quality of the course content also plays a significant role.

Thanks to all. Ive just read steves 3rd book and think its great. I just hate(maybe thats a bit much…anyone1 know a nicer word for hate lol??) self promotion. Its like Steve is constantly talking in a third perspective when he relentlessly relates things back to the R.E.S.U.L.T.S course. People only do that in order to sound as if whats being said is coming from another person. An in-derict way of talking about yourself. . . in this case talkin himself and the R.E.S.U.L.T.S course up.blatantly.

and calling an equity based formula in your own name…whats up with that… Steve we know your good, even great. but modesty isnt your forte.. real estate and helping others is tho and i commend you for it. Cant say ive had an impact on as many people so greatly, so yes. good stuff

Just about to start on michael yardney books. anyone know a good book on negative gearing??

Thanks again everyone

Cheers Reeco

Profile photo of Scott McDonaldScott McDonald
    @scott-mcdonald

I'm in RP3.

The best money that i have ever spent. I was never sceptical of the programe but i did not sign on for RP1 or RP2 because i thought that i was going ok with my investing at the time and would be too busy to give the programme 100%. I am now 2 years behind the RP1 team.

As with all of the property investing products, you get exactly what you pay for. There is no lead up with small bits of information that gets you to the next expensive product. If you want RESULTS, join the next intake. If you want to know more about protecting your wealth, buy wealth gardian. If you want current market conditions and the "how it's done" templates go to a $600 seminar.
    ect, ect.

The sort of deals that current RESULTS people are doing range from positive cash flow, renovations, buy and hold, development, wraps, vendor finance. Some people have not struck a deal yet, some are clearing massive amounts of personal debt, some have only joined for the networking opportunities and some people have done NOTHING AT ALL.

If you have enough go in you there is nothing stopping you from being a huge success on your own and making all of your own mistakes or with any other group for that matter, but you could also learn from other peoples mistakes, successes and templates ect by joining results.

The current deals that i am into since joining RESULTS is development and each deal i do is to make 100% COCR, ie if i put $5000 into a deal i need $10000 back, $100k in $200k back ect. I am currently putting together deals using money partners which is a strategy that i thought was only for the big boys and would not have taken on without the support that i get from my mentor.

I hope that answers all of your questions.

Scott

PS. How much do you want to negative gear??
    I can show you a house to buy at an inflated price and rent it from you for peanuts if that is what you are after.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Reeco,

'an equity based formula in my own name'?

Not sure what you mean by that.

I'm glad you liked the book.

All the best,

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 77 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.