All Topics / General Property / Whoo hoo – we did it!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Stella1258Stella1258
    @stella1258

Hi all,
    I have been lurking here for a little while & it's about time I had something to say. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum & its great how everyone jumps in & helps out with advice!

After talking about buying an IP for 5 or so years I finally convinced the other half we should do it NOW, and we did.
    We settled on Monday on a house in Raceview (near Ipswich) & our first tenants moved in yesterday. I cant believe the state some people leave houses in when they sell. This one looked like they had done no cleaning since we signed the contract a month ago – carpets & walls were filthy.

We took a few days to clean carpets & fix a few broken gates & give the yard a good cleanup. Also needed a locksmith as there were 9 !!keys needed for the house – nearly pulled a muscle when the agent handed us a couple of (partial) sets of keys!

We are planning on painting & replacing carpets in a year or so then a bit later on we want to reno the kitchen & bathroom but until then its just sit back & see how it comes along.

This house is a keeper (thats the plan anyway) & hopefully #2 IP wont be too far away.

Cheers

Stella

Profile photo of HandyAndy888HandyAndy888
    @handyandy888

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hi Stella – what can I say – two things actually. First, a big congratulations, and second, welcome to the forum. Look forward to hearing more. All the best.

Profile photo of peter-reebokpeter-reebok
    @peter-reebok

cant go forward until you actually start moving!.

Well done.

You are on your way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.