All Topics / Finance / Mortgage Brokers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of wozzawozza
    @wozza

Hi All, Im based in Sydney and buying in home town in Warrnambool Victoria.  Im considering using a mortgage broker to assist in finding the most competative finance.  Can anyone recommend some brokers in Sydney?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Try Terry W from the forum here.

Wont get much better service and professionalism.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of ScroogeScrooge
    @scrooge

Hi all

I have been using a broker in Sydney's Blue Mountains recently who operates with a Non-Bank lender call XPlore Capital.

try them at [email protected]

Great interest rates; No establishment fees or Any Fees at all!!!

I have been able to split some of my loans without any cost for doing it.

Links with any bank, phone / internet access, plus you get a rebate in $$ based on the value of the loan; hey! they pay you!!! I like it!

Can't praise this broker too much

I have friends that I have sent to this guy too. they have similar experience

Participant
    @qlds007

Scrooge

Not a good recommendation to make to use a non Bank securitised lender that mortgage insurs all of its loan irrespective of the LVR.

Might be fine initially but Wozza will suffer down the track if he looks to grow his portfolio.

Profile photo of Mortgages Working 4UMortgages Working 4U
    @mortgages-working-4u

Thanks for the promo Scrooge

As for growing a portfolio my advise is always to buy smart, and this web-site is an excellent guide on how best to do that so you are in the right place here to learn how get the most from your investments.

The key to growing a portfolio is of coarse is to buy well and borrow well. If you have followed good advice / research on your purchase then the next step is getting the most cost effective loan.

I would suggest that non-bank securitised lenders are an excellent option; the LVR determines the level of mortgage insurance required and only if >80%. Your ability to service all the loans you might have will determine your portfolio development potential and the return on investment will determine your serviceability, not the lender you choose.

Look for a lender which offers not only competitive rates but the best deal; No establishment fees, no monthly account statement or annual fees, Free redraws without limits, Salary crediting, Flexible payment options, Easy access to your account, Free legals*, Free Valuation* and a bonus paid back in cash after settlement.

It's not just about the rate it's about the package.

If you would like further info and to learn how to turn the business of borrowing for investment into a business then please contact me. It might just be the key that unlocks your door to wealth creation.

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Scrooge

Not a good recommendation to make to use a non Bank securitised lender that mortgage insurs all of its loan irrespective of the LVR.

Yawn………

Participant
    @qlds007

I will keep beating the drum whilst the posts keep getting raised.

On that front i had a nice email update from First Mac this morning to advise me that as the cost of funds had increased due to the subprime problem then they would be lifting their interest rate by 80BP's rather than the RBA 25 BP's. I also read yesterday several other lenders had to increase their rate by 30BP & 35BP's.

But of course securitised lenders are always cheapest – Give me a break.

And Stephen nothing against you but will you be a 1 post wonder or a long term contributor to this forum. 

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I agree with Richard.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

@mortgages-working-4u

Hi Richard et al

Now it would be foolish to infer that Non-Bank securitised lenders were always the cheapest.

They do offer greater flexibility in many cases as they don't suffer from the beaurocratic straight jacket that the big banks often operate under.

As I said, you need to do your homework on lenders as well as the bricks and dirt you are investing in.

Not all N-B SL are the same either and one in particular is now operating in a way that can turn property investing, in particular, into a much more profitable venture the the singularity of capital growth. The underlying structure of this can make the actual interest rate somewhat of an irrelevance.

Again if you or any others would like more info on this then I would be only too pleased.

Now as to my longevity; OK so I have a massive 2 posts right now (and that thanks to a referral ) and like you I will keep the fires burning whilst ever there is interest. It may take me some time to reach the dizzy heights of 1700 though; we will just see.

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

"They do offer greater flexibility in many cases as they don't suffer from the beaurocratic straight jacket that the big banks often operate under"

Hi Steven,

I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about your business and you might be great. But generally with small secuitised lenders the funds come from one of very few wholesale funders, and all loans are mortgage insured, in most cases through one of the 2 major mortgage insurers. Hence, there is often very little difference between their credit policies or service levels, they simply have no control over them. I have come accross very few securitised lender that are worth using, and no small ones. If you are different please let us know, if you do have a point of difference in your offering I'm sure you will do well from sticking around here.

Regards
    Alistair

@mortgages-working-4u

Hi again

Yes the products I work with are different and, although loans are securitised and AAA rated, where the LVR is less than or equal to 80% of the loan amount and the loan amount is less than $1,000,000 Xplore pay the insurance premium on behalf of the borrower.

Therefore as far as the borrower is concerned these loans are LMI free up to 80% LVR for most loans <$1M.

In most cases what you see is what you get from our products so far as the rate is concerned.
    As said before there are other benefits to boot including on the surface:- no fees, valuation & legals cost subsidies; as well as other benefits beyond this too.

Only too happy to discuss further if interested.

Have a great day

Participant
    @qlds007

Steven

Just to clarify your statement to forum readers "our loans are LMI free up to 80%".

The free element refers to the payment of the premium by the client and not the fact that loan is not insured at all.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.