All Topics / Creative Investing / Hi! Im looking for information on unit development please!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of justin71justin71
    @justin71

Hello all

I was wondering if any of you very helpful people could shed some websites or links to information on unit development?

I am on the bellerine Peninsula, outside of Geelong, Victoria.

I found a few threads/posts on here a few weeks ago, but I seem to not find a great deal out about them.

After looking at different forms of real estate investment, I think my wife and I would like to pursue unit development.

I dont like the idea of having rental places, I would prefer the buy and sell approach and have the money ready to reinvest etc.

Units seem to be a lucrative form of investment as you have double the bang for your buck so to say.  I realise there are lots of extra costs like subdivision, water meters, gas etc. planning permits. 

So any information would be a good start I guess, I was talking to a guy at RESI last week and he indicated the best method, or the one he favourded and one I hadnt thought of, was gettign the planning permit for the sub division, putting the units up and then actually subdividing the land at the end.

Anyway, just thought I would get the ball rolling.  There are so many smart people on here from the reading I have done in the past I am looking forward to joing and participating here.

best regards

Justin

Profile photo of sapphire101sapphire101
    Participant
    @sapphire101

Hi Justin

I have knowledge on subdivision and development including spreadsheets from analysing deals to specific costings of all building items. I am also looking for JV partners so please give me a call on 0410 638 657 or email [email protected]

Cheers
    Ian

Profile photo of GagsGags
    @gags

Hi Justin,

Try http://www.jaffasoft.com  I found this site useful.  The spreadsheets need a bit of tweaking but are a good start. 

Craig

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.