All Topics / Help Needed! / RE commissions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of NucopiaNucopia
    @nucopia

I need precise information on agent commissions in W.A. If that's possible…
    Is there a set amount they can charge or is it on a sliding scale or what ?
    example: if I sell my house at 100K how much % wise will the agent charge to sell it ?
    and if its vacant  land is the  amount of  commission charged differently or the same as a house ?
    for argument sake there is no advertising costs involved.
    thanks !

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Commissions are negotiable. The going rates when they first quote you are around 2.5-3.5%.
    Offer them whatever you want, structure your commission payment however you want.
    Offer them a flat fee, with a bonus above a certain fugure if they achieve it,
    Offer them a sliding percentage based on the result.
    Offer them 1%. (probably a bit low, but you never know)
    It's up to you.
    The stuff about paying peanuts etc is all BS. If a buyer makes an enquiry about a house that exactly matches yours, they will sell it to them no matter what the commision is.
    On the flip-side, if there are two house that exactly match yours, they will try to sell the one with the higher commission first (that's only standard sales tactics).

Of course, many agents will try to reject you offer and put in their preferred structure, so if you low-ball them too much you may not find many agents who will accept your offer. 

Profile photo of NucopiaNucopia
    @nucopia
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.