All Topics / Legal & Accounting / IP without loosing FOHG inVictoria ?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of syedh18022syedh18022
    Participant
    @syedh18022

Hi All, 

Can IP be bought without loosing the FHOG in Vic? if yes,  than how ? & where do I go to comfirm it, I could not locate such information on  the Vic  State Rev site, can any one help !!!
    Cheers  

Profile photo of beaniemonsterbeaniemonster
    Participant
    @beaniemonster

Hi, there is actually a lengthy article regarding this in the latest edition of 'Aus Property Investor' magazine which you can pick up from the newsagent for $8.95.  It has a website at the bottom of the article to go to for further help http://www.sro.vic.gov.au

hope this helps you out,

Profile photo of syedh18022syedh18022
    Participant
    @syedh18022

Thanks Beaniemonster, I have just finsihed reading the article, it is fairly genral, very broad, non specific, the sro site, has things all over the place, I will keep looking and keep those interested posted.
    Cheers

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

. Are you eligible to receive the grant?

To be eligible to receive the grant, the following criteria must be satisfied:

• You and your spouse/partner must not have received a grant in any State or Territory of Australia.
    • You and your spouse/partner must not have owned residential property, either jointly, separately or with some other person prior to 1 July 2000, in any State or Territory of Australia
    • You and your spouse/partner must not have occupied for a continuous period of at least 6 months, a residential property in which either of you acquired a relevant interest on or after 1 July 2000 in any State or Territory of Australia.
    • You must be a natural person (not a company) and at least 18 years of age at the time of settlement or completion of construction

The bold section is the key.  It allows you to hold any property after July 2000 as long as you never live in it.

http://www.sro.vic.gov.au/sro/SROWebSite.nsf/rebates_fhog.htm

Trust me – I am a Mortgage Broker

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.