All Topics / Help Needed! / Up and Coming Suburbs in Brisbane/Queensland

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Profile photo of Opportunity In EverythingOpportunity In Everything
    @opportunity-in-everything
    seank wrote:

To answer the question without providing any advise or bias.
    250k based on price, closest to brisbane cbd -maybe look at the following areas:

HOUSES-
    NORTH – Redcliffe, Burpengary, Strathpine

Houses will be older style maybe needing work

Hopefully I can post this without stepping on anyone's toes – I don't have anything to gain from this forum, just a brisy local with some knowledge of the area

The Test.  http://www.realestate.com.au.  Zero houses under $250,000 in each of the named areas.

It's simply by chance  you can buy anything (houses) under $300,000 in the named areas.

I attended an auction in Redcliffe recently of a run down two bedroom fibro house on 400m2 of land kitchen was 2.5 x 4m, hot water system inside in cupboard, original everything paint and lino $278,000 deceased estate.  Now that's a bargain for the area and the competitive bidding by 7 bidders was proof of that.   

Qualification min specs, three bedroom brick house on 600m2 land with an immediate return of $250.00 per week at best (that's a pretty ordinary return).

Lets represent the market for what it is.  $250,000 buys very little if anything (houses) within 30kms of the CBD.

Last time I checked Ipswich was a very very very long way from Brisbane 45kms approx

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

ok I have a property at Dinmore (Ipswich) walking distance to train, school and shops. It's an eastern suburb so  it's a 20min drive to Bris CBD.

so here is a brick an tile at dinmore for $220k

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=104191156&f=0&p=30&t=res&ty=&fmt=&header=&c=48738436&s=qld&snf=ras&tm=1186290657

Profile photo of eterniteternit
    @eternit
    Milly wrote:
    ok I have a property at Dinmore (Ipswich) walking distance to train, school and shops. It's an eastern suburb so  it's a 20min drive to Bris CBD.

so here is a brick an tile at dinmore for $220k

http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=o&id=104191156&f=0&p=30&t=res&ty=&fmt=&header=&c=48738436&s=qld&snf=ras&tm=1186290657

Accorind to maps.google.com its a 35 min drive from Dinmore to Brisbane CBD with distance of 31.8km.

@milly

and according to whereis.com.au it is  Travel 32.46 km, Est. Time 23 mins to come from my house at dinmore to albert st in bris cos i dunno where the PO is.
    SO 'accorind' to my calculations I'm 3mins out . sorry bout that.

Perhaps eternit, your calculations were before upgrades to roads. Ive done the trip often enough.

@eternit

Yes you right, not sure why maps.google.com says 35 minutes?

Are you familiar with Browns Plains at all?

@milly

no sorry enternit, can't help you with Browns Plains. Terrible name tho. Someone on the sth side should be able to help

@eternit
    Profile photo of NicoleKNicoleK
    @nicolek

Thanks to everybody that has responded to my post. This has given me a good sarting point to start looking around Brisbane.

Cheers

NicoleK

“They can because they think they can”

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.