Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Hi,

I am interested to know if anyone has invested in this area and what type of gains has been achieved. I beleive it is undervalued as a mining town (Compared to say mount Isa qld) because it seems to have limited accommodation and low rent imo.It has several mining projects and a new gold discovery a couple of months ago by ramelious. Some of the stories i have read on with other mining towns where rent is $1600 a week and the property value is up in th $700s makes me think that it would only need to raise a few percent over the next twelve months to show a good gain.But this is speculative on my behalf so check it out thoroughly for yourself
    http://www.theajmonline.com/informao…288&seqnum=308

Dom

Profile photo of Mikey PMikey P
    Participant
    @mikey-p

Dom
    Take a look at the previous posts i have done on Kambalda.
    A new development in Kambalda that's only 48 hours old is that there is 450 new people coming into town in 5 weeks or so. The plan was to put around 400 donga types around town. This was passed by shire…..check the Coolgardie shire minutes from June. They expect 10% (45 families) to go residential, there is only 10 or so rentals left currently and only 20 or so houses for sale. This alone will put huge pressure on the housing market. HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Western power is now saying the grid is not big enough to cope with the new $17m rec centre and the extra rooms creating a Bethlehem situation. I have been investing there for 2 years and have made millions. This next wave should be the biggest. Check it out. This place just keeps getting better and better. Kangaroo Island is just as good.
    I am investing in Kambalda and Kangaroo Island I am certainly not endorsing the above places do your own research……..
                                       "The saddest words of tonuge or pen ar it might have been"

Regards
    Mikey

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Hi Mikey,

Congratulations on your succses i am about to make an offer on a 3 bedroom brick house in kambalda west.Hopefully if your details are right on the area we should see some great catching up gains.Again its always a risk to buy in remote places but with the future in rescources i can not see it going backwards. i am only buying one at the moment and will watch  this market closley.
    Good luck

Dom

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.