All Topics / Help Needed! / first home plus GRANT plus stampduty …

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of investhutinvesthut
    @investhut

Hi All,

Thanks for all the help so far, i purchased my first home a 3bdr villa and cooling off period has finished.
    family wise it will make sense if I can rent my first home for either 5-10 months and then move in there.. i did search here and read abt 5-10 threads. wanted to clarify for NSW…

1) if i rent out the prop for 5-10 months, then move in i will qualify for free stamp duty under First Home Plus Scheme as i will move in as prime residence before 12 months right

"At least one applicant will occupy the home as their principal place of residence for a continuous period of six months, commencing within 12 months of settlement or construction of the home. "
    http://www.osr.nsw.gov.au/portal/page?_pageid=33,63519&_dad=portal&_schema=OSRPTLT

does this mean that i can only rent the prop for 5 months 28 days, and then I have to move in????

2) for $7000 FHOG, it states:
    "

• At least one applicant will occupy the home as their principal place of residence for a continuous period of six months, commencing within 12 months of settlement or construction of the home. "
  • same as above that in NSW i have to rent out for first 5 months 28 days only from settlement date….. and then move in??

3) how will this impact CGT whenever I happen to sell it.

4) interest will be tax deductible for the period i rent it out say 5 months 28 days.

all your answers will help!!

thanks,

InvestHut