All Topics / Finance / 6 Units on one title – no strata, country zoning… help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of lealea
    @lea

Hi all,

I have a client who has signed a purchase contract on a block of 6 units – all on the one title, no strata – in a rural town. Zoning is residential. Each unit is approx 43 sq. metres.  Needing 70% LVR.

Most places I've tried tells me it falls under Commercial finance. The others simply say "no way."

Client is adamant that rates are a factor – otherwise it could tip the purchase back into negative geared territory. He's not willing to go there.

Any brokers out there with any suggestions who else I should try??

thanks

Lea

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Lea

You say you have a client are you a broker ?

70% LVR should be a walk in the park. Have done similar deals in the last fortnight.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Hi Lea,

As Richard stated 70% would be fairly easy, dependent on location and the clients income you can probably do this at 80% at a very competitive rate.

Regards
    Alistair

Profile photo of lealea
    @lea
    Quote:
    "Should be a walk in the park".

Yes. It should be. It's not.

Quote:
    "Done deals like this in the last fortnight"

Great. Good for you. I'm pleased you're so well-versed in these matters.
    I'm not here just to advertise myself like so many others seem to be. I'm here to learn as well. That's another reason why I asked the question.

Quote:
    are you a broker

Yes.  I have been for 8 years. But I've not come across a property quite like this one before. That doesn't make me stupid or unable to learn. It means I haven't seen one like this one until now.

I thought perhaps posting on a forum filled with other investors, somebody might offer some valid, constructive assistance. I guessed wrong, huh?

As all units are under 45sq metres in size in a Category 7 rural location in south Australia – that limits my options
    Two of those options both said – "not 6 on one title – they'll only do 3 maximum". The other said "this is a commercial deal".

After checking with the BDM's from quite a LOT of different lenders – who all said NO except one, I got 65% LVR with a 7.39% rate. Commercial deal. That's it.

Everyone else said flat NO.

Thanks anyway for your helpful suggestions. I've learned a lot about asking questions on forums.

Lea

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.