All Topics / Value Adding / Recommeded Builder/ Built New Kitchen

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of icecoolicecool
    @icecool

HI, pretty new to the website. Hv anybody any ideas how much to re-do a kitchen (std) & erect walls inside the house? Any builders/company recommended to use? Any input appreciated. thks

Profile photo of TheShoulderGuyTheShoulderGuy
    Participant
    @theshoulderguy

Hi Icecool, just completed full kitchen reno on PPOR. Did all demolition, removal of existing walls and framing up myself, fixed 10mm plasterboard (from Bunnings) myself, got in a tradies to set, finish and paint plasterboard for ($1200); replumbed existing plumbing to sink etc myself, bought smart pack kitchen (including sink, mixer, doors, handles, panels etc) from Smartpack Kitchens for $7000 and installed myself, wiring and lights installed by an electrician mate of mine. Tiling of splashback done myself. All up cost approx $12000 excluding appliances. Remember that this is my PPOR as I would like to do it for much cheaper if it was an investment property but there is no doubt about the added value I have gained. Good luck mate plenty of flat pack style kitchen companies online.

Profile photo of icecoolicecool
    @icecool

HI BOING,
    thks for sharing.  WOW, sounds cool on what u did. Did you build any walls by yourself or get someone to do it? How much it cost? thks

Profile photo of TheShoulderGuyTheShoulderGuy
    Participant
    @theshoulderguy

No worries, would ideally get in quotes to do any structural works (i.e. constructing new walls) but all i did was to make sure (as much as possible) that the existing walls were level and square before putting on plasterboard. So I had to plane back some studs and nogs etc and just keep checking with a straight edge until I was happy that the walls were pretty close to square and level. Plasterboard is relatively cheap (check out bunnings specials) just need sq area to id number of sheets required. A DIY brochure from plasterboard manufacturer or BSA website will give ideas about fixing boards to studs. Cost about $800 – $1000 for materials, adhesive etc and then $1200 to set, finish and paint. Room done. Be sure to check where electrical points and plumbing outlets are to be positioned as you may need to prepare these prior to putting plasterboard up.

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs
    Profile photo of loccolocco
    @locco

Hey Mate,
     where are you situated?? I know a few builders/ carpenters.

Luke

Profile photo of mtajimmtajim
    @mtajim

Hello

I just renovated my house and it cost more than $650 and my agent says that it has increased the price of the house by $1k+. I really find a lot of benefit in renovating. I would sell my property only after renovation

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.