All Topics / General Property / Regional NSW – Dubbo, Bathurst

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of emmajane06emmajane06
    @emmajane06

Hi all,

Does anyone have any IP's in these towns?
    I found one in Bathurst but the valuer said it would not achieve any growth due to the area it was in and I took his advice as he was a local and I am from Sydney. I have found a unit in Dubbo which would be cf+ by about $2 a week and I want it but the street has a bad name and I am worried about making a mistake.
    The tenants love the place and have been there long term which has to be a positive (I talked to them myself to verify) but I guess I'm nervous buying in an area I don't know.

I'm wanting to buy and hold and never sell and I could easily afford the repayments should the place become vacant.

It sounds like I've already answered my own question but I would appreciate any help/guidance.

Cheers,
    Emma

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Hi Emma,

good on you for going for it!

I love nsw west and have a few properties out there. There are good sections in dubbo,bathurst for sure just do yr homework.

I also believe wellington(props a bit cheaper too) and orange will go ahead in the next few years due to the biggest jail in aus in wellington and orange has a new highway and hospital too.

Also if you want to venture further out ,Broken hill is booming at the moment.It is about to double again (and has just doubled in value once already, in the past 4 years)

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Profile photo of NucopiaNucopia
    @nucopia

I was in dubbo 2 weeks ago on the drive in to town the  things I observed were .. commecial and industrial developments being built. Plus there was a couple of area's of development for housing as well. talking to the locals i got  impressions  of an optamistic  future for the area from almost every one i spoke with. Banks staff ,employment agency staff, real estate  receptionists, ordinary workers in the Pub the lacal Aboriginal co-op and many store owners as well and on visting the local Library   seeing the D.A's on display there  gave me a good amount of information to think about
     Is Dubbo  a town with  growth potential , and is it a place to find , buy, and hold a positive cash flow I.P ?
    maybe yes  and maybe no  it depends on you .
    As for me I think its the worst place to buy over priced property and i would not recomend any one do that any were in Aust.

if you think  you found a postive cash flow IP do your due diligence and take it from there thats what should tell… YOU ..if your on the right track…
      any way I thought your looking for positive cash flow not capital gains so is $2 weekly really positive cash flow. ???

good luck in the search

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.