All Topics / General Property / GoGecko is a JokeO

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of crashycrashy
    Participant
    @crashy

At long last my 30 day exclusive with GoGecko is over. It was agonising.

I gave them the photos, already wrote the description, and they still managed to totally screw up the adverts. Not once mind you, but 8 times. All the office girl had to do was cut & paste. But no, thats too hard. She had to reword it. She kept emailing me the proof & I kept emailing back saying "why did you change that? I want it to say exactly this: "blah blah a b c d" next thing I get a proof saying: "blah blah a c d b". are you completely incompetant? she says "well I dont know, I havent seen the house". well then why change the wording to what you think is right. grrrr. the other agents in the office never did a viewing.

First open home. agent turns up 5 mins late, after 2 cars already pulled up & left cos no agent around. shows a couple through, pretty much shuts her mouth, despite the fact I told her the sales pitch to use. forgets to show them several rooms, doesnt get register of lookers. no signs at top of road and sign out front of house is blocked by her car.

during the week another agent from the agency calls & wants to bring someone through the next day. I ask her if she wants to go through by herself first & she declines. hmmm. the agent turns up driving a ute & wearing casual clothes, no nametag or anything. brings the people through, & of course had no idea what she was showing.

2 days before listing ends agent asks me if I want to resign. I choke & laugh & say "pardon?" she repeats. I say "no, Ive signed with another agent". she seems shocked & surprised. then she says if she gets an offer on Saturday we will have to resign. I choke again. I tell her Saturday is her last chance to get the sale, what do you know, she goes mad with signs, arrives 10 mins early, has a viewer register & actually does a sales pitch. too little too late…….

Ive signed with Ray White now, and the agent is #3 for QLD. sales team turned up this morn for a walk through & did a very professional meet & greet out the front. Its a whole different class of service.

anyone else have good / bad agent stories?

Profile photo of HutchHutch
    Participant
    @hutch

Hi Crashy
    I'm in Victoria and have never heard of them.  So I can only assume that they are a QLD "business".
    But Thanks for the heads up.  With service like that I hope they had little or no commision rates.
    "Pay Peanuts……….."

H

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Hey crashy,
    agent stories…don't get me started.
    Actually, I did remember one good one; the second PPoR I owned was sold by auction through Hocking Stuart of Blackburn (Melb). I interviewed 4 agents, the young agent we decided to go with was very enthusiastic, professional (painfully so actually) and organised. He kept us informed – good and bad, gave us a price range quote, and the property sold for exactly the centre of the range at the auction. A good experience.
    I could tell a few bad stories too, but I've been slagging the agents pretty hard all year – time to give someone else a go.

Profile photo of Opportunity In EverythingOpportunity In Everything
    @opportunity-in-everything

Guess you get what you pay for!  Its just another learning experience.

If you first seek to cut costs and get a hand from a DIY agent (yeah that's what they are) what do you expect?

So from extreme to extreme. 

Some agents at the other end of the spectrum will charge you their normal commission and heaps for advertising too.  They're the agents who will whack a massive $500 photo sign out the front of your property which blocks the view from the street with (yes you guessed it) a photo of the house on it.

Simple advice; when selecting an agent see 3 agents min before you select the one who gives you the most realistic presentation for your property. 

Select an agent who can identify where the buyers are likely to come from, who they are and what marketing channels they will be found in.

Unfortunately the reality is if you point the finger at the agent you have more fingers pointing back at you the seller who put all your trust and faith in what?

If you're really stuck for a good agent contact the REI in your state and straight out ask for a recommendation.

Finally, anyone who has ever sold a property never makes the simple mistake of selecting the wrong agent twice without it costing them double.

Profile photo of sienna1sienna1
    @sienna1

oh crashy that is a shocker,

ive only had one experience selling my house, i was in tamworth visiting my inlaws, my mum asked me if i wanted to sell the house and buy a new one as i had just had a baby and they were coaxing me to get something bigger. i said ok not really wanting to or being to serious and the next day mum stuck a for sale sign out the front and that day got a buyer for top asking price (all the agents had downplayed what i could get) so mum did it herself. .. commission free.d

sort of blew me away but it was hassle free.

Profile photo of millionsmillions
    Participant
    @millions

Hi Crashy, I had similar experiences in Bris 8.5 yrs ago.  I achieved best result by signing with agent for 4 weeks.  That will get them working.  Be careful with your contract though in regards to advertising, and only pay for the service you receive.   Linda

Profile photo of mackarmackar
    @mackar

I know of gogecko realty & their cut price commissions… …. crashy… you decided to pay peanuts & got a
    bunch of monkies…
    I also believe it reflects on the vendor … you get what you pay for
    if you had a rolls royce would you take it to the cheapest mechanic you could find??
    yet your property is probably worth more than many luxury cars…. no sympathy here… sorry

M

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

I hate to admit it but you're story gave me a giggle. I'm sure you're not at the laughing stage yet.  I 'm in Brisbane and have seen plenty of their bright signs so I'll be sure to give them a wide berth in the future.

You sound like your on the ball. Praps you could sell it yourself.  I often wonder how people who don't use an agent get along selling their properties.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.