All Topics / Legal & Accounting / ice cream van to trust company or pesonal? vehicle registered to trust?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of amazon196969amazon196969
    Participant
    @amazon196969

I have recently transformed a vehicle in to a softserve ice cream van. I am unsure as to put this in the trust, company or personal as a hobby. The trust  set up for activities of trust is investing, I am assuming I am not subjected to only property investing, but I am not sure!

I recently purchased this vehicle of which now requires tranfering. I have been informed that we can no longer register vehicles in the name of trusts unless it has an ACN is it difficult or costly to get an ACN for this trust or should I just register in the company that is trustee of the trust or personal?

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

This is a specific question related to your own circumstances I doubt anyone here will even attempt to answer it.

Profile photo of Tysonboss1Tysonboss1
    Participant
    @tysonboss1

some things to think about,

A trust can only distribute a profit, so if your little venture ends up creating a loss you won't be able to offset it against your other income,

do you want to inject your trust with the added public liabilty risk, considering you may have started the trust for asset protection reasons,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.