All Topics / Help Needed! / Young Investor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of EarlyInvestorEarlyInvestor
    @earlyinvestor

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. Basically, I am a 23 year old student. I graduate in November of this year. I have a set-up full-time job which will earn me around AU$50k. I want to make the right choices with my money and don't want to waste time. I still live at home so that's a bit of an advantage I guess and don't have any real expenses. Any advice or forum jump would be helpful. I'm blogging my journey on earlyinvestor.blogspot.com so hopefully everything will be good.

Profile photo of 888Abundance888Abundance
    Participant
    @888abundance

Good for you in thinking about your future 'early' in life.

Before you 'jump in too quickly', you should develop a plan for the short, medium & long term about where you want to be in 1 yr, 5 yrs and 10yrs in terms of assets/properties, income, lifestyle.

Then look at fleshing out strategies to achieve the goals of each plan, which should indicate what is possible and what is probable, and whether you have to revisit the plans and their timeframes.

After that, you might want to talk to a mortgage broker or a local branch lender or lending 'hotline' to establish financial capability.

Profile photo of EarlyInvestorEarlyInvestor
    @earlyinvestor

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your reply.

What do you think would be some good short term goals? Examples and how they could be achieved?

I was thinking about entering a risky stock market for hopefully good returns for a property deposit? Is this practical?

Thanks.

Profile photo of Tysonboss1Tysonboss1
    Participant
    @tysonboss1

Your not a young investor,….23 years old your a late starter.

I was already looking for my third investment property at your age, but go for it any way. it's never to late to start.

@earlyinvestor

Wow that's amazing, congrats. Doesn't help me though :)

Can you tell me a little about your experience, and how you did it?

Profile photo of Tysonboss1Tysonboss1
    Participant
    @tysonboss1

Goal setting is extremely important, I am a  big believer that if you write your goals down and the time frame in which you are going to achieve them in you are all ready halfway there. 

what is it that you want to achieve from your investing,….. you have to think about that question and define in your head the outcome you want to achieve and then build a stratergy for your investing that will get you there.

Strive to become a sophisticated investor, and build your knowleadge of not only property but all the other assets classes that are out there, learn about different ways to struture your debt and gearing levels, and different structure's in which to hold your assets,

and the most important thing is to talk to and learn from as many people who have done or are doing the things that you wish to do, ignore people with negative opinions who say "you" can't achieve your goals, often they really mean "they" can't achieve your goals.

@earlyinvestor

Thanks for your reply :)

Great advice!

1 question, does anyone on here know about Link Exchange to this forum. I e-mailed the admin earlier in the week and no response? Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.