All Topics / General Property / Sydney Zoning and Subdivision Guidelines – Lesson Needed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Scarecrow7Scarecrow7
    @scarecrow7

Hi everyone,

I am a Perthite living in Melbourne with some property experience. i am keenly looking into investing in Sydney and need to understand how the zoning and subdivisions work, and also some general tools and tips. can anyone assist with the following?

1) Zoning – what does res 1A, 2A etc mean
    2) Subdivision – agents in lower North shore have told me rules of thumb like 2 dwellings for land 900sqm(attached structure), detached if >1000sqm, but may be restricted to 1 title etc. And what's the go with splitting a house into two dwellings??
    3) Is there a handy website that explains 1 & 2? There must be a reference source somewhere.
    4) Any reference websites that enable detailed analysis of individual properties (not title searches). In Melbourne there's a great tool in http://www.land.vic.gov.au under 'Interactive Map' to do this.
    5) Any other tools to help educate me on Sydney property scene

Thanks in advance,

Profile photo of maemae
    @mae

Hi Scarecrow7,
    i'm just starting out too, but what i've found must handy is visiting induvidual sydney council websites – they have alot of info on there about rules for subdivision etc. The codes such as 2a etc refer to zoning. such as in the Baulkham Hills council 2a1 means apartments, 2a2 means townhouse zoning etc.
    Check out Parramatta, Baulkham Hills and Hornsby councils for details on their development policies.
     all the best, mae

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.