All Topics / Overseas Deals / Investing in Australia vs Overseas

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of oneiriceroneiricer
    @oneiricer

What are your thoughts? i happen to be both an australian and hong kong citizen (and subsequently get into China as well..) and im thinking, maybe its better to invest in china or overseas. currently the australian market rental yields arnt that high, lots of competition from fellow investors.

what are your thoughts?

Profile photo of WintertailWintertail
    @wintertail

I have a friend with similar situation as yours. Not an easy game to play. For me the easiest to start is first ask yourself, where you want to be now and then. Then how good your knowledge in currencies and their options.
    Multi countries property is always exposed to currency exchange risk, which sometime beats the investment itself.  A friend who bought some IP in HK, is currently pretty depressed that the HKD is 30% less than what it used to be to AUD, thus all his prop value are 30% less to his base currency.

Profile photo of Tysonboss1Tysonboss1
    Participant
    @tysonboss1

I would like to invest overseas in the future, I think you have to have you investing skills at a whole new level to attempt this kind of thing though, as Winter tail said you have to have a full understanding of the market your investing in, and currency risk's,

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Become a big fish in your own pond first.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.