All Topics / Help Needed! / building with national builders group

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Profile photo of emsypooemsypoo
    @emsypoo

Hi there everyone out there, this is my first time using this…..hope it gets to the right people.
    I an thinking of building a home and have looked at Metricon, Simmonds,Av jennings and have just discovered the national builders group…..
    They are offering us a lot of extras in their base price and to date have been just wonderful,
    I have read a lot of negatives about this company does anyone have any positive stories….
    I am interested if the building was ok even if your experience with them was negative .
    thank you very much

Profile photo of BaspetBaspet
    Participant
    @baspet

emsypoo all these companies you've mentioned are all the same when it comes to building, so make sure you read the fine print on what your paying for, compared to what you need to pay for to get the house finished. What I'm trying to say is with these companies the advertised price is usually the base price for a base product. I know that  most of the sub contractors get screwed on their rates, which means the work has to be done fast to make any money and if you've had any experience with the technical side of building, it doesn't end well. Don't let this deter you as I'm only speaking as a builder from one town, which brings me to my next point, have you considered any local builders. Remember when building a house, " if you only pay  peanuts you get monkeys."  The best thing to do is get quotes from at least 3 different builders for the same floor plan and pick the one in the middle. To make it clear don't let me tell you what builder/company to use, because at the end of the day your the one paying for it.  Hopefully this gives you something to think about. ( I tried my best). 

Profile photo of hallghallg
    @hallg

Hi emsypoo, Baspet’s comments are pretty sound. I’m not a builder myself but due to the nature of my job I manage a couple of carpenters. Over the past few years our guys have done work for both Simonds and National Bulders. From my observations the home owner’s satifaction with both the building process and the end result can vary greatly depending on the Building Supervisor allocated the job and the sub-contractors engaged by him/her to do the work. My guys take pride in their work so they always try to make sure they did good work. In saying this Baspet’s point about the rates being tight are correct and this forces trades people to move quickly which “main” mean quality gets compromised. From what I’ve seen in the location I live, I would build with National Builders over the others mentioned (all present here) if I had to choose between them. However as I say, I believe that is relective of the local people working for National Bulders. It may not be true else where?
    All the best with it
    Hallg

Profile photo of NATS12NATS12
    @nats12

We are currently in the building process with National Builders and have just finished fixing stage so we’re very close to completion. I can not praise them enough to date.  We haven’t moved in yet and had final inspection but the whole process has been great with them. I know people who’ve built with other big names and I can honestly say I don’t know anybody that’s gone as smoothly with their builder as we have to date.
    PM me if you’re interested in more detail and I can give you details of the builder they allocated to us (won’t announce it here but if you get the same one allocated you should be happy) and also the salesperson we dealt with at National Builders (I can give you their number if you are interested because they were very very helpful with the process).

Profile photo of loga143loga143
    @loga143
    NATS12 wrote:
    We are currently in the building process with National Builders and have just finished fixing stage so we’re very close to completion. I can not praise them enough to date.  We haven’t moved in yet and had final inspection but the whole process has been great with them. I know people who’ve built with other big names and I can honestly say I don’t know anybody that’s gone as smoothly with their builder as we have to date.
    PM me if you’re interested in more detail and I can give you details of the builder they allocated to us (won’t announce it here but if you get the same one allocated you should be happy) and also the salesperson we dealt with at National Builders (I can give you their number if you are interested because they were very very helpful with the process).

Hi NATS12,

Have you built your house in western suburb. i am in the process of building one in burnside . I would appriciate if you could pass on the details about the builder thatyou are building with  and the sales person. ?

Profile photo of hamahahamaha
    @hamaha

Hi Nats12

I am also in the process of going to contract stage and would be greatful for all the positive advice I can get. We are building in the Knox area.
    Thanks

Profile photo of tobyphoebetobyphoebe
    @tobyphoebe

Hi Nats 12

I put deposit to National Builders last week but did not sign any contract yet.  It was just  to secure the special offer.  We are trying to subdivide and build two double storeys townhouses on our current land in Mt Waverley area but after I read a few negative comment I am a bit worry so I still do not sign any building contract yet.  Can you tell me more about your experience and the builders contact ?  Since your last post has been a while I assume you are already living in the house for at least half year so I would really like to know how was the house completed.  Did the whole process go smooth as it was ?  Thank you so much and we are planning to meet the town planner next week. 

Steph

@tobyphoebe
    hamaha wrote:
    Hi Nats12

I am also in the process of going to contract stage and would be greatful for all the positive advice I can get. We are building in the Knox area.
    Thanks

@tobyphoebe

Hi hamaha

Just wondering how did you go with National Builders Group.  I am going to meet the town planner they recommended.  NEed to subdivid our land.  Not sure they are reliable or not.

Profile photo of rajjorajjo
    @rajjo

Hi Guys,
    I am planning on using National builders as well their offer for july 2008 is good,,,
    my land is towards bayswater north and my site has a slope from higher back towards the road in the front ,

planning on choosing the latrobe or the beaumont pattern of the National floor plans…
    any suggestions on using National Builders,

this is my first home so very nervous on who to choose…. i have been reading some negative comments abt national builders
    please advice,

Profile photo of wdelgadowdelgado
    @wdelgado

Hi All,

Much appreciated for those with positive experiences using NB to provide the following;
    1. Sales Person
    2. Building Supervisor involved
    3. Builder allocated

Also some advise on what control measures you implemented to ensure the processes
    and work was completed on time….ie any 3rd party people involved to ensure NB deliver
    what they promise.

Regards

Profile photo of try123try123
    @try123

Hi Everyone,

Could someone please provide some further info. – regards to NBG. Paid the initial deposit, had property inspected by the town planner and about to proceed with the town planning stage and wondered if we should go ahead with the process. We are located North-East Melb (Preston).

They seems to have the most value for money package but saw alot of bad press about them in the past. Hopefully someone here can shed some light. Much appreciated. Thank you….

Profile photo of Focus06Focus06
    @focus06

Hi,
    My partner and I have recently put our holding deposit with National Builders Group the Homes Now department. I to have heard bad things but if you check up on all builder pretty much all of them have bad things to say. But I also find good things, you just don't know until you try them yourself. You happy go for it!
    Also if the problems were that bad they would be out of business and closed down.

Hope I helped. Keep me informed of you building process.

@rajjo

My land has settled,

and have also got a quote from NBG ,,, the site cost has been quoted to 30K….. becasue i have a 1.5m fall on the land ……
    Havenot signed the contract …. still kind of thinking how i should go about with this …

any advice ?? if i should choose to move forward with NBG??

any one building in east side of melbourne … towards bayswater??

@rajjo

Hi guys
    I am still looking for a builder…
    …. any suggestions or has has any of you progressed along with NBG ….

any positive feed back ?? if any of you have built with NBg in east of Melb .. could you please pm me with the builder that was assigned to you …

Thanks heaps ….

@rajjo
    NATS12 wrote:

Hi Nats ,,,

Knox and bayswater are not very far off… could you please advice me of which builder was assigned to you thru NBG … also how has your experience been with the building process ??

Thanks heaps !1

Profile photo of VenjoskiVenjoski
    @venjoski

Hi Folks,

Has anyone built with National Builders Group recently? We really like the floor plan of the Bass 15E, but would like to know of recent experiences of building with them. We would like to build in Keilor East.

Profile photo of kathryntkathrynt
    @kathrynt

Do NOT build with National Builders Group.   Finance troubles – refer press reports on 13 Dec 2011.   We have been trying to get our deposit of $500 back from them (in accordance with their own rules) since Sept 2011.   No response to date, cannot even get through to the relevant staff as they have always 'stepped out of the office'.  They do not return phone calls.   Build with them at your own risk!

Profile photo of Lucky I GuessLucky I Guess
    @lucky-i-guess

I witnessed them take 42 weeks to complete a house, and their answer was "the contract said 300 working days, not my problem".

A lot of extra rent was paid in that time considering the local guys are knocking them out on average in 16 weeks.

Sub par quality and now they are on the verge of going belly up.

Terrible service.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.