All Topics / General Property / What are peoples thoughts on the Springfield area ? (QLD)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of deadcatdeadcat
    @deadcat

It seems to have had a recent jump in prices, due to stores on ACA and Today Tonight.

It looks good to me:
    – still houses under $350k
    – area has a train line going in, new roads, and a big datacenter (jobs!)

The downside seems to be:
    – property valuations are often coming up under the asking price.
    – it is a long way from brisbane, and takes a bus + train to get there
    – tiny blocks in the "lakes" area

What are other peoples thoughts? good spot to buy in? or over valued?

Profile photo of AmandaBSAmandaBS
    Participant
    @amandabs

Springfield is located in the booming Ipswich growth region of SE Qld and is a new masterplanned community.  It is anticipated that Springfield will be home to 60,000 residents by 2026.  Recently the first stage of the Orion shopping centre opened and when complete this will be Australia's largest shopping complex.  The new University opened this year, plus there are 4 schools both public and private and currently 9 child care centres service the area.  I believe construction has commenced on the new railway line to link Springfield to the Darra line.  So the area has huge potential with a lot of jobs growth expected in Ipswich. 
    I agree that some of the blocks are tiny, around 400m, so perhaps look at the average 700 – 800m blocks suitable for a family.

Hope this helps.

PS. I have a story and some photo's on our website about Orion if you want to take a closer look. 

Profile photo of deadcatdeadcat
    @deadcat

I've already shopped at Orion, and know about all the plans thanks :)

Plenty of info about the area here: http://www.greaterspringfield.com.au/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.