All Topics / Help Needed! / Contract clauses

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of LaurownLaurown
    @laurown

Can anybody suggest a source we I can get clauses that I can add to a contract when I purchase properties for extra protection

Profile photo of DraconisVDraconisV
    Participant
    @draconisv

I just did a search on google as 'property contract clauses' (with pages in australia) and the first link is this.
    http://www.ownitconveyancing.com/ContractClauseInformation.asp

From first look it seems to have every clause under the sun, there is alot, it should be fine for you, but if you need any reassurance on any of them on the website i'm sure someone here can help you out further.

Kind Regards,
    Christopher Fife.

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

There is a book by solicitor Rob Balanda called Clauses made simple wher he gives you hundreds of potential clauses.

You can get details by clicking here.

The problem is the more "out clauses" you use – the less attractive your offer – so keep your offer clean and simple. Get you finance and structures in place before you make an offer and do your homework so you are comfortable with the value of the property you are buying.

An offer with no or few conditions is much more attractive to the vendor

Profile photo of mackarmackar
    @mackar

hi Laurown… I normally will add what I call a 'vendors warranty' clause….
    basically saying that….  the vendor warrants all electrical, plumbing, gas, pool
    appliances, accessories, fixtures, fittings, motors, pumps, to be in good working
    order prior to settlement.
    I have had vendor fix a fan in an oven etc which I probably would not have found at my pre sett. inspection…
    I have found that pools etc have generally been left in good condition as the vendor doesn't want to
    jeopardise the successful settlement due to something silly being not quite working properly…
    It's just a backstop really…. hope this helps???

Regards

M.

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Clauses are great when you have something specific you want to be protected from but never use clauses just in case…

Remember that the best deals are obtained with unconditional cash offers! It comes down to knowing the market well enough to assess you own risks :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.