All Topics / Help Needed! / How to get direction-am into Real Estate Investing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of SemethaSemetha
    @semetha

I am looking for some help and guidance to learn about Real Estate Investing. I need something that will walk me step by step through investing in Real Estate. I have read a few books and attended a few seminars on the matter but they are not what I am looking for. I am specifically looking for a product or a trainer that will tell me my options on obtaining the money to do deals or even if have to put money down at all, etc.
    Thanks

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hi Semetha & welcome to the forum. Unfortunatley there is no 'magic' method, and despite what many profess as their 'investing skills', there are a lot of people that have 'got rich' in equity by accident the last few years. Sadly, there are many who have 'gone backwards' too, as a result of bad decsions, luck, or both. There appear to be a select few investors that have taken on an amount of risk and shown drive that many of us could not relate to (wish I could say I was one!) and are now really starting to see the 'fruits of their labours'.
    COuld I suggest, perhaps getting your hands on some additional books to read, and I think you could do a lot worse than Margaret Lomas books – all very 'solid' and practical. If you have your own property, you will be able to use this to 'bounce off', but if not, you will have to do the save for a deposit thing – and hopefully be creative along the way. For someone that has never owned property, utilising the first home owners grant to wisely buy a place for yourself at the right price, improve it where you can, and then later on sell for tax free gain, or if possible use to access the equity from to borrow for your next property/ies is a great way to do things. Anyway, all the best – and have a good look (with a grain of salt or two) through the forum at some of the old topics/comments and I'm sure you'll get some ideas.

Profile photo of pmdirectpmdirect
    @pmdirect

Need to know more on your background, to offer any help…

Profile photo of wilson_flaggwilson_flagg
    @wilson_flagg

The problem with many seminars is that the speaker is more focused on selling you their product or boot camp versus giving you real knowledge that you can apply.

An ideal product trainer is http://www.getrealrei.com The content is very informative and I’m sure you would be benefited.

Good luck,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.