All Topics / Help Needed! / Stamp Duty for Land

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of obiwan22obiwan22
    Participant
    @obiwan22

Hi,

This is the first time I'm purchasing a property (PPOR) and I'm hoping to get some guidance.

I am planning to buy a pc of land and build on it.  I would like to know if stamp duty is applicable to the total costs of the land+house or just the land.

Also, how much deposit is usually required for purchase of land.  I was told by the real estate agent that a 10% deposit is required.  Should I get the builder to conduct a soil test before I purchase the land?

Should I select on a house design first then purchase the land or vice versa?

-corinne-

Profile photo of Kipper57Kipper57
    @kipper57

Hi; 95% LVR is the general rule for land however if it is regional this may be reduced somewhat depending on the post code.  On land stamp duty is charged at a higher rate as is charged as investment as you cannot live on a block of land, when you build the building will be as owner occupied and stamp duty charged accordingly, providing you intend to live in it. 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.