All Topics / Help Needed! / Finding Postively Geared Properties…..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of Tim TurnerTim Turner
    @tim-turner

Hi All,

I have just finished reading 0-130 properties and probably like many others have been scouring difference sources to find positively geared properties…… so far without much success (dont worry Im not giving up that easily).

Is there any particularly creative ideas people have out there to source these ellusive properties?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

Tim Turner 

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hi Tim, and welcome to the forum. Those books get you fired up and motorvated alright – and if you check out the date of the book, also makes you wish for a time machine!   Positve cashflow properties (where you take tax deductions and depreciation into account) are a bit easier to come by than positively geared ones, but they don't seem to be able to be bought 'off the shelf' now like in the book you read.  Take the time to have a browse through some of the other past forum posts, as your sentiments, and a lot of others (including some who beg to differ) have covered this topic in depth. What many new investors aim for now is to try and get a property as close to neautrally geared as possible, and wait for some growth and rent increases to bring into the CF+ area. Of course a lot depneds on where you are prepared to buy, how much time you have on your hands (if any) to revamp and or renovate if a property is bought cheaply, and of course your strategy – which will no doubt change along the way. All the best with your journey. 

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation
    Tim Turner wrote:
    Is there any particularly creative ideas people have out there to source these ellusive properties?

Yep. It's a four step process:
    1) Build Time Machine (preferably based over a Delorian chassis)
    2) Travel to the year 1999 or thereabouts
    3) Drive Time Machine (See, the Delorian is useful as well as stylish! ;-) > 50 kms from any capital city center.
    4) Throw a stone in any direction.

Voila. You've found a CF+ property!

Cheers, F. [cowboy2]

PS – Consider this 'bird-dogging'. Please send $5k per property puchased to myself, circa 2007.

@foundation

Oh SNAP!

Thanks V8Ghia, you posted my punchline before I'd finished typing!

Profile photo of MooseheadMoosehead
    @moosehead

My advice would be – don’t read one book on property and adopt it as your bible. Positive cashflow is only one way to invest is property. After I read Steve’s book I was sold on the idea, but after doing some more research and reading, I believe investing for capital growth is where the real money is.

Check out Michael Yardney’s first book or more recently Peter Spann, good reads that will test your faith in the positive cashflow dogma…

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hey Foundation……Sorry, but I had to type quick – wanted to get down in the shed and try to finish of grafting some plumbing onto the BA Ghia that will enable time travel. Surely I can utilise the satnav somehow………actually, I had my first prototype finished, thought I'd test it out buying some 2001 coastal property, hit the loud pedal………….and……… it cost me $350 and 3 points! Maybe it should be a Delorian….
    If it's any consolation, even though it does look like you have plageurised my time machine comment, your post sounded more authoritive than mine?

Profile photo of bennidobennido
    Participant
    @bennido

Hi Tim,

Congrats on your first post. If you read Steve's follow up books, you'll see that even Steve admits finding +ve geared solutions are harder and harder. That is, without doing some sort of "creating".

But if you look hard enough, you will find many +ve geared properties right from purchase. Admittedly, most of these are in rural areas (like what Steve said in the book) but if you do your due diligence, you will see that some areas are better than others. :)

So take heart, there are +ve geared solutions around .. :D

@foundation
    v8ghia wrote:
    thought I'd test it out buying some 2001 coastal property, hit the loud pedal………….and……… it cost me $350 and 3 points! Maybe it should be a Delorian….

<foundations smacks own forehead>
    Sorry v8ghia. I missed a word. It has to be built over the chassis of a flying De Lorean. See the cosmic vacuum system and jets in the below picture for details…

Let's see the white commodore with flashing lights catch THAT!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.