Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of BDMBDM
    Participant
    @bdm

Hi,

I just wanted to share this one, 'cause I had to laugh…

Sunday night – last week (middle of the Queens Birthday public holiday weekend) – 10pm.

Phone rings.

"Hi, this is BDM"

"Hi BDM, it's RT (Reliable Tenant) here"

"HI, RT.  Howse the weekend going for you ?"

"Ummm…well, I just got back from being out all day, and I've come home to find the bath half full of brown smelly watery stuff, and it's filling slowly from up the plug hole…… should I call a plumber ?"

"Sure, why not." 

Note to self : Because it's going to cost a fortune, that's why.  Can it wait until Tuesday ?…probably not…

"Hey RT – didn't we have this conversation two years ago on the Queens Birthday weekend ?"

"Sure did, BDM.  That was when the hot water system blew up….."

I'm sure the thread for that conversation is here in this forum somewhere, as I posted it at the time too.

I am yet to see the bill, but at least the tenant thinks I'm a good bloke for being sympathetic to his (ie my) pipe problems.

We had a good laugh together and agreed to try not to talk to each other next public holiday.

BDM :-)

Profile photo of jtwjtw
    @jtw

BDM,
    Amazing how a public holiday long weekend can adversely affect plumbing. Guess what?  Yesterday, I had 2 seperate plumbing problems with my investments.  Phone rang at 9.30 (tennant A) and 11.00 am. (tennant B) Total bill ?  550 +Gst.   I know how you feel. The trials and tribulations of a landlord.

JTW

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.